Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
06 CLS500, Boeing-737, 04 Tahoe LT, 04 Infiniti G35 Sedan
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a real wood steering wheel for my E430. The one with wood at the top and bottom. Not fake but real. Any suggestions on what outlet to get one through and what price they are? My steering wheel is gray.......

Thanks.

Jeff

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,910 Posts
I would like to get a real wood steering wheel for my E430. The one with wood at the top and bottom. Not fake but real. Any suggestions on what outlet to get one through and what price they are? My steering wheel is gray.......

Thanks.

Jeff

How much is your budget?

·
Registered
06 CLS500, Boeing-737, 04 Tahoe LT, 04 Infiniti G35 Sedan
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
HHhmmm...........I guess that depends. New tires first I guess.

The steering wheels I saw on that site are about $750 and UP! Maybe thats whats so funny.......

The steering wheel can wait at those prices.............:eek:

Didnt I see somewhere, maybe Ebay, a company that reconditions them for about half that?

Jeff

·
Registered
2004 clk500
928 Posts
$799, i wonder who buys from them, anyone here ever bought anything from performance products?? I got a catalog from them awhile ago, some parts do look nice. maybe if our cars are brand new then $800 for a new steering wheel is not that much.

$799 is 10% of what my cars worth.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Looks like you guys are having so much fun here...:D what's new MM?
Yeah, that was fun. Not much new here Joe, had a new 2nd job for about 6 weeks that has since vanished so I'm back to the one. I've seen some recent posts from you but have not see you here for quite some time. Welcome back! :D

Good luck with the Bay area GTG, I noticed you guys are starting to plan that.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Jeff: Sorry I remembered the prices wrong.

mbnz230: I've seen posts from people who were satisfied with PP but I have never bought anything there personally.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
...Didnt I see somewhere, maybe Ebay, a company that reconditions them for about half that?...Jeff
I've never looked for steering wheels there but that's a good possibility. Since I discovered eBay, I've found and bought several things and have yet to get burned. They get a bad rap around here for cheap MAFs that are junk, but I bought a used CD changer for the MB that turned out fine; NAV CDs and a few manuals also.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,910 Posts
Yeah, that was fun. Not much new here Joe, had a new 2nd job for about 6 weeks that has since vanished so I'm back to the one. I've seen some recent posts from you but have not see you here for quite some time. Welcome back! :D

Good luck with the Bay area GTG, I noticed you guys are starting to plan that.
Hey MM, really have no time to post before since Ive been very busy with my work, but I always been on BW (invisble mode:D) looking for some spammers:D and getting updates on the hilarious post we have from Greg from time to time.

I've been trying to set-up a nice place for our next GTG, as for now we're still discussing the date for this one and planning to do a barbeque or something in that way we don't have to drive to a restuarant to eat and have more time to talk about our cars.

I'll keep you posted ...

You have a second job? as what a plastic surgeon this time? haha

Thanks!

JOE55

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,910 Posts
HHhmmm...........I guess that depends. New tires first I guess.

The steering wheels I saw on that site are about $750 and UP! Maybe thats whats so funny.......

The steering wheel can wait at those prices.............:eek:

Didnt I see somewhere, maybe Ebay, a company that reconditions them for about half that?

Jeff
Which site is that ripoff.com? j/k i think that too much...what exactly are you looking for and how much is your budget? just tell me I'll ask some mb shhop around here, maybe they can help you out.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Hey MM, really have no time to post before since Ive been very busy with my work, but I always been on BW (invisble mode:D) looking for some spammers:D and getting updates on the hilarious post we have from Greg from time to time.

I've been trying to set-up a nice place for our next GTG, as for now we're still discussing the date for this one and planning to do a barbeque or something in that way we don't have to drive to a restuarant to eat and have more time to talk about our cars.

I'll keep you posted ...

You have a second job? as what a plastic surgeon this time? haha

Thanks!

JOE55
Haha Joe, glad to see your sense of humor is intact but let me try this out: OCD. OCD, OCD ;)

Glad to hear you're around, invisable or not. Yeah, Greg has a good sense of humor too and after this post I'm going to razz him about something he wrote this evening. Keep an eye out...

Nope, not quite a plastic surgeon but as you might recall, I'm in medical sales. That 2nd job involved surgical implants and I really liked it. That company hired a new VP of Sales and he consolidated my newly created territory into one already held by a heavy hitter up north. Oh well, easy come and easy go, but I have a short contract that they are still paying me on.

You're welcome,

Musikmann

1 - 20 of 21 Posts