Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-- and no, I'm not talking about certain people you may know :rolleyes: -- I stumbled across Baum's specialty tool catalog for Mercedes and downloaded it. Unfortunately I can't post it as a single file because it is a bit too large for the site, so I'll post it as two (part one and part two) and point you to where you can download the entire thing yourself, should you be so inclined: http://www.baumtools.com/mercedes_cat.pdf

I'll bet there may be a couple of things in the catalog that even ohlord and G-AMG don't have. :D

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
98 E-320, 2003 E-500
685 Posts
Yep, some of us actually perfect the extreme art of collecting tools for auto maintenance. Speaking of which, not sure about Ohlord, but G-AMG hydraulic lift set up in his own garage was not any thing I can even imagine in my own place.

I'll be interested to see a contest between Ohlord and G-AMG, line up all the tools, to see how much total face value. Winner should get a plaque and a free dinner chipped in by benzworld member.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
After 40 years

and about 100 cars and two race cars in the garage,I have so many tools they are just boxed up in big crates:D anyone in need of a clutch alignment tool for a 68 280SL:thumbsup:
When i have serious work to do I run over to a friends house that has a 26 car garage and 3 lifts,makes me want to throw out our plans for a 1600 sq.ft. home shop and start all over every time I step foot into it.
Ohlord:bowdown:
and you would be right about some of those tools,that we might not have!
have you seen the price of the thin walled plug socket with the built in torque setting?Something like 250 bucks,I pass when it comes to stuff like that..........

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeffrey said:
I'll be interested to see a contest between Ohlord and G-AMG, line up all the tools, to see how much total face value. Winner should get a plaque and a free dinner chipped in by benzworld member.
Hmmm... All McBear had to show me was his 'new' 88 AMG and he got a free dinner. No plaque, though.;)

And while the lift starts us drooling, in checking the background of G-AMG's shots, his whole garage and work area are also quite impressive. But more than that...given the watch he wears when he works on his cars, I have to wonder what he wears when he dresses up.:)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
98 E-320, 2003 E-500
685 Posts
a friends house that has a 26 car garage and 3 lifts,
Now that's a friend's house/garage. What's the house square footage 80,000?
How about some picture of this mansion?

given the watch he wears when he works on his cars
Yes, I saw that. Wearing Rolex, Driving Mercedes - Now I suppose getting a Japanese wife/girlfriend would complete a man's most basic dreams? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts
I have the car...

Now that's a friend's house/garage. What's the house square footage 80,000?
How about some picture of this mansion?

Yes, I saw that. Wearing Rolex, Driving Mercedes - Now I suppose getting a Japanese wife/girlfriend would complete a man's most basic dreams? :thumbsup:
... and the watch. The Japanese wife/girlfriend is, however, based upon my experience, highly over-rated ... trust me on that one.:D

JR

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohlord lives near Seattle. Perhaps his friend owns a computer company hq'd there?:D
The Bill and Steve show is good with many things, but car -- and particularly car repair -- fanatics they are not. :rolleyes: Good thing, too...you've seen that "if Microsoft made cars" analogy, right? :D

·
Registered
MB SLK 350/2006 Black/white, MB C240 Wagon, Mitsubishi Diamante, Nissan Centra
7 Posts
Very nice selection of tools.
It comes handy. Thanks!

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Good info

Kent,as you say always wise to shop around:thumbsup:
Bill Gates is having a get together this week with the CEO club he has over every year.Let's all go tour his 150 car garage:thumbsup:
My MGB club had a private tour of Paul Allens plane collection last year.You could eat off the hangers floor,so Bills garage must be the same:D
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
'04 G55 '80 280GE '99 S420 '98 E320 2011 E350 2016 GLA250
3,093 Posts
Japanese Wife?

Hmmmm,

I didn't realize I would ever be the topic of such "gossip".

But, to be 100% honest.. my wife of 17 perfect years IS JAPANESE!! Ha Ha! I wonder how you guessed that one!

·
Registered
98 E-320, 2003 E-500
685 Posts
... and the watch. The Japanese wife/girlfriend is, however, based upon my experience, highly over-rated ... trust me on that one.:D

JR
So do I (own car and watch) and did I (have a Japanese girl friend), but are you sure you chose the right girl? :)

G-AMG said:
But, to be 100% honest.. my wife of 17 perfect years IS JAPANESE!! Ha Ha! I wonder how you guessed that one!
I rest my case.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Gates

is a fanatic,he busts his knuckles on a world class collection of Porches.
And when he is out on the road his speed is anything but pedestrian.He is the guy most responsible for getting that law passed that allows limited production cars to get mandated in the states without passing fed regs as long as they are not driven over a certain amount of miles yearly.
since this article the collection has filled the garage and he's up to 60 billion or something.
http://www.forbesautos.com/advice/toptens/billionaire/02-bill_gates.html
ohlord:bowdown:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts