Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what size speakers are on the 1990 300E. i think they are 4 inch but i am not 100% sure, if anyone could shed some light on this subject i would be much obliged. also wondering what size speakers are in the front doors and on the dash. i think they are 5" and 3 1/2", but again i'm not 100% sure. i am thinking about getting some speakers on Ebay to replace mine, which are the originals and sound like shit. but i dont want to invest in some speakers that arent the right size. If anyone knows of a online car audio store with great deals, i'm all ears too.

John

·
Registered
1990 300D
5 Posts
I have a 1990 300D. Same car, different motor. The speakers are Metric. No direct conversion to inches. The front (dash) are 119mm and the rear are 127mm (leave it to M-B to make it difficult). Plenty of room in the rear for 5 1/4" under the factory grille with modifications to the sheet metal (nibbling tool worked well). I have not got to the front's yet on mine, but I think 4" is the best that will go in. I also plan on looking into the front door location, but nothing yet. I am also thinking about putting an 8" sub underneath in the middle of the rear deck and put the first aid kit in the trunk. It looks like you could cut out a hole for the sub and leave the first aid kit cover closed. The bass will escape through the openings. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 300E
7 Posts
Hmm

Funny I just did that and they put 6 inch in the rear and 4 inchers in the front. Sounds good so far.

The car was used and I have a Pioneer had with 12 disc in the trunk. Xm through the head. ( My van has a portable and its always in the way)

Stock Amp Which Does anyone know good this is? The Sound guy recommended it to run the four basic and add another to run the new door and sub on the next cycle.

He also agrees that the FA kit area is good for the Sub and the flap can be insulated should it vib after installation.

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
wow, 6 in the back? impressive... do you have to cut out all the sponge? 119 mm is 4.685 inches... so im guessing it will fit in there. and 127 mm is 5 inches... so im guessing 4 and 5's.... any special things to worry about? should i replace the wires?

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
are those the ones you got? if not, did yours come with tweeters and they those fit in well? and im still shocked about the 6's in the back. can i see pictures with a ruler next to it because i seirously don't believe it. i heard just getting 5 1/4 required cutting the metal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts