Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to take out a really haneous stereo system setup the PO had in my car, my only option is aftermarket parts, there are housings that will only take 4" speakers, now my question is, which ones, I've narrowed it down to these two, anyone have any experience with these certain models/brands, pro's/con's?

Blaupunkt:

Blaupunkt GTx402 2-way 4" car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Pioneer:
Pioneer TS-G1040R 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Thread I started about it:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w116-s-se-sel-sd-class/1359324-speaker-sizes-2.html

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I assume you're talking about the rears here. I used the Blaupunkts all around. There are depth issues with these cars, and after trying 3 different sets the Blaupunkts were the only ones I was able to fit. 5 1/4" in the rear, 4x6 in the front. Forthe front ones I had to cut the mounting tabs off of the speakers with a dremel in order to reuse the factory dash grills. Its a tight fit though..they aren't going anywhere ;)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fronts and rears, the PO made these disgusting frames for the speakers, which he custom fit to doors, if I take them off, they'll leave a 4X8 empty spot on the front doors, and the same for the rear dash. So I HAVE to put 4" speakers all around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts