·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Review a lot of post from u folks.
Have a 99 ML430 with BOSE system.
And I'm looking for upgrade my all speaker recenely.
-That what I'm looking for-
MB Quart DSD213 5.25" for rear door and
MB Quart DSD216 6.5" for the front door.
--
I'm wondering if the Bose Amp take those speaker(s)?

Been hear lots of discuss about the 2ohm/4ohm
Will the AMP end up stop working after I install
the new speakers?

Thanks,Phil

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
To get the sound quality you want out of those speakers, i would suggest to remove the Bose AMP and put a aftermarket amp to those speakers. Maybe a 400/4 JL.

·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ttaleric for the info.

Does anyone know how to pull the BOSE AMP out a 99ML430?
Any advice would be helped!

I know it's behind the dash. In order to get the amp out, should I pull the dash out? or there is some other way to make the access to the Amp.

Thanks,Phil

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Help me out..l thought the Bose amp was under the driver's seat....it was in my 1999 ML 430..take a peak....[:D]

·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: AMP Location

According to my research, the one under driver seat
is the BOSE sub-woifer.

The Amp is behind the Desh, but I would need u folks that expenienced on mod their ML's AMPs...

Thanks,Phil

·
Registered
98 ML 320
40 Posts
philchen1979 is correct, the bose subwoofer is under the driver side seat and the amp is behind the dash.

·
Registered
98 ML 320
40 Posts
philchen1979 is correct, the bose subwoofer is under the driver side seat and the amp is behind the dash.

·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sage3 - 5/2/2005 1:24 AM

Thank you just call me Phil is fine.

Do you have any information on how to remove BOSE AMP? Photos or text would help!

thanks,Phil[:)]

·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was also wondering, If I have my speaker upgraded,
Does it matter with the AMP upgrade?
I know if I change AMP the sound will be more improve, but what if I don't change the AMP, just keep BOSE AMP.

All reply helps!!Thanks,Phil[;)]

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
philchen1979 - 5/1/2005 5:03 AM

Was also wondering, If I have my speaker upgraded,
Does it matter with the AMP upgrade?
I know if I change AMP the sound will be more improve, but what if I don't change the AMP, just keep BOSE AMP.

All reply helps!!Thanks,Phil[;)]
It will only sound as good as its weakest link ... if you upgarde the speakers you will be limited to poor quality sound bec of your stock amp. I suggest you get a new amp and head unit when you get the speakers. It will make things a whole lot simpler and it will sound right.

·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MLOffRoad - 5/3/2005 8:04 AM

It will only sound as good as its weakest link ... if you upgarde the speakers you will be limited to poor quality sound bec of your stock amp. I suggest you get a new amp and head unit when you get the speakers. It will make things a whole lot simpler and it will sound right.
Thank you ML OffRoad,

Do u have BOSE package as well?
or Did you add the aftermarket AMP w/speakers.

Thanks,Phil

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
No problem ... and yes I have the BOSE system but havnt upgraded yet to the system I want. I'm still saving up since it will cost me about $4-5K for everything I'm going to get.

·
Registered
ML 430
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you must have a pretty wide range of $$ to spend! That is nice I think I will limit my budget to under 1k =) still hoping DIY!!

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
I have yet to find where it is. But this summer I am planning on finding it. I will take a stab at it though. I think it is near the passenger foot well. Somewhere up there.

I know this does not help, but it just might point you in the right direction. If worse comes to worse just run new speaker wire. I am running my stock speakers with my system, and it sounds decent.

Let me know if you find it. Being exam week I have no time to rip apart my dash and help ya look. Good luck!

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
I think this is the information your looking for

http://www.keysolutions.com/M-Class.nsf/8178b1c14b1e9b6b8525624f0062fe9f/ad96201628ab6ea685256921000856f8

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
So, after much foraging, under the dash, on the driver's side, way up in the corner (follow a line from the cup holder straight back towards the firewall) is a Bose combo line-output-converter/amp/equalizer. So this little puppy takes the speaker level output form the head-end, applies an equalization curve to it, and then pumps this out to the four speakers plus the "sub-woofer". The main implication of this is no matter what head-end you use, it will not sound much if any different.
Well.... I was way off!! hahah

1 - 18 of 18 Posts