Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bose system (says Bose on rear deck speakers.

Questions:
1. How many speakers are there?
I see the following:A total of 8
2-Front doors bottom
2-Front doors top near window
2-Rear doors
2-Subwoofers in rear deck.

Are there any more? Are there any in the front dash? Can any be fitted there and are there wires present to connect extra speakers there?
What about rear deck? I only see 2-Bose woofers (maybe 8") but there are also two more empty spaces next to them. Is this to add more speakers and do wires exist already for that?

How many total speakers should there be? What OHM speakers are these if this is a Bose system?

What size speakers can I put in the front dash. I don't think I can hear any sound coming from there.

Thanks

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,216 Posts
I'm not sure about the W210; your owners manual may tell you - but here's my best guess.

There may be a small center speaker on the front dashboard. This speaker is used for various audio stage settings (sound direction optimization settings). Any wires would indicate a missing speaker, not a convenience item for adding more.

Just a guess - the extra holes in the rear deck may be to "port" the rear deck speakers and increase bass.

If it's a Bose system the speakers will be 2 Ohm.

I don't have answers for the other questions.

·
Registered
12 GL450
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Can I add a couple of 3 or 4 way speakers in the back in the holes next to the subwoofers? If so does anyone have any diagrams showing which wires i would have to splice from the subwoofers and connect to the new speakers. Also what about crossovers? Would I need to have those as well and how to go about installing those? Thanks in advance guys!

Also, IF I replace all my speakers, which ones should I go for?
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.