Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the speaker cover off the drivers side to replace a speaker. Cover came off easy enough, however, after I installed the speaker, I couldn't get those damn clips back on... So I made a tool, though, crude at best, it worked flawlessly. Here are some pic's of the Tool (a beat-up steak knife I had in the tool box for cutting hose) and the installation... DSC01665.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01672.jpg When the steak knife is in there flat against the back of the speaker cover, I held the cover up to the speaker opening, turned down on the steak knife, which spread the clips open, then slid the speaker cover up so the clips went behind the bracket, then turned up on the steak knife and slid it out to the left. Worked great!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Perhaps no interest or carrying charges, but we all know that a good credit card is a most valuable tool in the upkeep of these machines. I keep mine clean and shiny, cause you just never know...................

·
Registered
464 Posts
Moose preserve? but of course. I live about a mile from Woodward, so every nite is crusin' nite in the summer. An expat from MI are you?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lived on Pine Lake Country Club in West Bloomfield. Spent many nights up and down Woodward Ave. Mostly in Birmingham and Royal Oak. Good Times!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm at the other end of town, Long Lake and Woodward. Been cruising Woodward since the 60's. You can still see some serious iron out there on a Sat. Nite. I wish I trusted my 107 to make the trip south each year to the condo, I would love to have it sown there in the winter. Maybe I need two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I pulled the speaker cover off the drivers side to replace a speaker. Cover came off easy enough, however, after I installed the speaker, I couldn't get those damn clips back on... So I made a tool, though, crude at best, it worked flawlessly. Here are some pic's of the Tool (a beat-up steak knife I had in the tool box for cutting hose) and the installation... View attachment 488367

View attachment 488368

View attachment 488369 When the steak knife is in there flat against the back of the speaker cover, I held the cover up to the speaker opening, turned down on the steak knife, which spread the clips open, then slid the speaker cover up so the clips went behind the bracket, then turned up on the steak knife and slid it out to the left. Worked great!
Thank you!!!
I have going haywire trying to get my speaker covers on. when I bought my girl she was missing the driver-side and I finally found a set on eBay that match the colour, but I’ve been going bananas. passenger-side went on, no hitch. driver-side, no way! you have saved my life thank you so much! Kathy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, this is tremendously helpful. Anybody have a source for the clips?
I also find a generous application of the Credit card tool at the local liquor store can be very therapeutic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
kchuckfif
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing