Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 - 500SEL
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any expreriance with SPAX?

I am considering ordering a set from the UK. They lower the car 2"... I am not too concerned about ride quality because the roads around here are very smooth and I am vey experianced driving low, having two lowriders currently.

I will also change the shocks out but which ones to use? I will need a shortened shock... Any sujestions? I have heard the SPAX shocks suck the big one...

·
Registered
w126 420 sel
622 Posts
i would go with H&R's. they are of very good quality and the ride is great when installed with a fresh set of bilstein's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
is that true about spax ?

they use krypton shocks, its expensive !

i was about to order the entire setup for my 300SDL but after hearing this i'm scared to waste my money

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
I hear that alot of DeLorean owners have been installing Spax on their cars but having to order from the UK is the issue. I've had Eibach on my car for quite a while but went back to OE for the restoration of my '84 euro 500SEL. Firm ride but now it's how the car rolled of the assembly line.
I'm just getting old and with two child seats in the car, I can't look like a lowrider anymore. JMO. Jono took my Eibachs and found them a new home.

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts