Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 C230 Kompressor has 120,000 miles and i am looking to change the spark plugs. My friend gave me some Bosch spark plugs that are three pronged and are already gapped to 0.40. Is this correct because i was reading in the manual it takes 1.00mm gap? if not can anyone give me advice on what to buy or what direction i should go?

secondly, do you know the size of the star socket to remove the spark plugs?

third, i am missing a 5mm hex screw on the spark plug cover. seems the cover takes 3 screws and i am missing one.

any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Vegas

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2000 C230 Kompressor has 120,000 miles and i am looking to change the spark plugs. My friend gave me some Bosch spark plugs that are three pronged and are already gapped to 0.40. Is this correct because i was reading in the manual it takes 1.00mm gap? if not can anyone give me advice on what to buy or what direction i should go?

secondly, do you know the size of the star socket to remove the spark plugs?

third, i am missing a 5mm hex screw on the spark plug cover. seems the cover takes 3 screws and i am missing one.

any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Vegas
just take an old plug out and make sure they're the same as what you got. if they are supposed to be 3 electrode plugs you can't gap those types of spark plugs, so don't worry about that. star socket to remove spark plugs??? spark plugs are either gonna be a 5/8 or 13/16 (not sure if you're talking about a torx socket for coils maybe? in that case just buy a set of torx sockets, male and female, they're worth having around) and if you're missing one screw, i wouldn't even worry about it.

btw, doesn't your car have coil on plug with suppressor boots? i'd replace the suppressors too if i was doing the job.

·
Registered
880 Posts
First, you're in a world of mixed messages or really mixed units.

1mm = 0.040", or 1mm equals 40 thousandth of an inch. Now 1 inch = 25.4 mm.

See there really was a reason to study math in school.

Take one of the three remaining cover screws to Home Depot and match it. Or it's not going anyplace, so just forget it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your responses. sorry i wasnt more clear. i ended up figuring out the plugs and they were 0.04". i went ahead and changed out the plugs and wires. also came across a 5mm hex screw for the spark plug cover. done deal!

thank you guys
vegas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts