Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Euro 560 SEC AMG
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the arguements for the platinum +4 plugs from Bosch, and I'm interested in trying them. I do have a euro engine, which I read would be more suited for the platinum plugs because of higher compression. I also read though, that the copper plugs have resistors built in them, or something to that effect, so itd be necessary to get wires with high resistance. Can anyone suggest spark plug wires that would work well for this?

·
1991 500SEC Euro, 1987 560SEC Federal
5,472 Posts
Hi Morris,

I have no business responding here as mine is a US spec 560.

I have used the same plugs as you speak of for two years and I use the MB dealership wires too. Good price on the wires & the fit is excellent. The wires are numbered as well as carrying a lifetime warranty.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat! (Next time though, the wireset would be free!)...

Cheers, MBL

·
Registered
1990 300SE
1,466 Posts
Don't do it, don't do it, do not do it.

Platinum plugs are trash unless they are for an OEM application. Like the new Chevy's that require $15 ACDELCO platinum plugs.

Just get regular H9DC0's. I cannot stress that enough.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Platinum plugs are a big NO in any m116/117. The plugs I used to recomend were the W9DC0's, but they no longer are produced, only the WR9DC0's are available which have a resistor built in and are thus no good for our cars. The resistor is built into the ignition wires on our cars, specificly the wire ends.

Go w/ an NGk BP6ES, gap them to 42 and you'll be set.

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts