Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ml430 744 silver
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am in the midst of changing the spark plugs, they have 125k on them and I think they're really overdue. To make a long story short, basically I found a severely corroded karlyn wire connector on the last left hand coil pack, no connector was left so it is useless. I have the OEM wires which actually look good and need to know if I can use them in the place of the corroded karlyn. The resistance is different on the karlyn: 1k ohm, the original are 2k ohm. I noticed the lettering on the OEM(g,h,k etc). Does anyone have the chart of which letter goes to which location, or do the resistances just have to add up to 2k ohm.(they all say 2k ohm so I don't know if that makes sense)
Any quick help would be appreciated as it's getting dark and I need to bring the truck to the dealership tomorrow for some warranty work.
Thanks for any guidance.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,138 Posts
The G, H, K, etc are stamped on the valve covers under the coil packs.

The correct resistance is 2k. The Bosch wires I just used had the letters stamped on each
metal plug boot as to which length to use for the stamped letters on the valve covers.
My old OEM wires also had the letters stamped on them also.

·
Registered
2001 ml430 744 silver
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I was able to get everything assembled and running.
A couple of interesting things,

1. There were 3 different model bosch style plugs, I guess people willy nilly just pick and change plugs w/o thinking.
    Somehow one of the karlyn wires oxidized and the coil pack end connector was totally corroded. Water must have seeped in.
    Plugs with over 125000 miles were totally worn except 1, go figure
Well the cps is next them
Letting the dealership narrow down my P0455 error tomorrow.
It never ends.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,138 Posts
Bosch's website on lists the Bosch 09853 wire set.
They are $135 to $150 on Amazon.
Other places are at $200+ on them.

Code P0455 is usually a fuel purge valve or Evap problem. Be very careful with what you
let the dealer do. They can have a field day with it if they are not scrupulous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts