Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E220 1994
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so lazy that I did not disconnect the battery on replacing the driver side engine mount. It is far more difficult than doing the other side. THe steering box, hose, exhaust, air filter, steering tie rod are blocking all the way. A 1 hours jobs turn out to be 2and a half hour! Moreover, when I try to remove the mount near the alternator, it just gave a spark when the metal touch on the back of the alternator!! Hopefully, it did not burnt any elctronic equipment ECU at last.
Some tips to replace the driver side ENgine Mount:
1) Remove the Air filter compartment,
2) Jack up the body, loosening the engine mount upper bolt with the heat shield. Jack up the engine. Remove the 4 bolt on the engine mount strut , right at the 4 corners below the exhaust manifold. Very limited space make it quite difficult to loosen them at the beginning.
3) Unbolt the lower engine mount bolt and replace it form above.

Any expert can recommend when to replace the transmission mount? All vibration, rattling seems gone with replacing the 2 engine mount alone.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
And disconnect the battery !!![;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

Smokie

·
Registered
E220 1994
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today when I look at my metal watch (the day when I got a spark while working on the engine mount), I find that a 1mm piece of metal on it was taken away by the spark!!![B)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts