Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 E55 that I took delivery from Fletcher Jones Motorcars back in end Aug 2000.<p>I read in the owners manual that the spare tire was a 245/40-18 mounted on AMG rims. What I found was 245/40-18 mounted on black steel rims. <p>Can anyone with an E55 please check your spare tire/wheel and let me know if they have what I have. If not, then I think I should go back to the dealer and ask for the correct rim back. I mean, they can resell a set of 4 rims for profit and change the spare from 4 unsuspecting/unknowing E55 customers to steel wheels. Afterall, not everyone looks at the spare.<p>Please help me out and confirm if this is true or not.<p>Thanks a bunch..<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have 235/45-17 on steel. Which is what's listed

: I have a 2001 E55 that I took delivery from Fletcher Jones Motorcars back in end Aug 2000.<p>I read in the owners manual that the spare tire was a 245/40-18 mounted on AMG rims. What I found was 245/40-18 mounted on black steel rims. <p>Can anyone with an E55 please check your spare tire/wheel and let me know if they have what I have. If not, then I think I should go back to the dealer and ask for the correct rim back. I mean, they can resell a set of 4 rims for profit and change the spare from 4 unsuspecting/unknowing E55 customers to steel wheels. Afterall, not everyone looks at the spare.<p>Please help me out and confirm if this is true or not.<p>Thanks a bunch..<p> <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the AMG as a spare

I have an exact AMG set up as my spare. I bought my '99 at Penske Motors in West Covina in LA, CA. Maybe they changed it for later versions of E55s?<p>In either case, go and push the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts