Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i put Carlsson 2/5's 19x8 front and 19x10 on, i was wondering what the deal is with spacers? Will they make the rims stick out futher or are they strickly for fitting rims properly? Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the spacers are to give you clearance from the caliper and as well ...

If I'm not mistaken, the spacers are to give you clearance from the caliper and as well make the wheel stick out wider. It would naturally do that since you are putting something in between the rim and the hub.

Mark

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Spacers

I did not have to use them. My rims are 19x10 and 19x8.5. HRE makes their rims per order and they make the wheels with the proper offset and specifications based on the make and model of your car. I don't know if that is the case with Carlsson.

Mark

·
Registered
01 E55, 01 ML320, 04 TSX, 06 Silverado
66 Posts
Hello,You won't need spacers. Your wheels will have the same offset as mine and they f...

Hello,

You won't need spacers. Your wheels will have the same offset as mine and they fit fine with no rubbing. A spacer would actually push the wheel closer to the fender and possibly create rubbing if your fenders are not rolled(mine aren't and they havent' rubbed yet). I have 235 and 265 but on 18's not 19's but it should come out to the same thing in the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
CL600
28 Posts
Careful with the lugbolts

...just make sure they clear the E-brakes in the rear. I had a bad experience with bolts that were supplied and too long. took me a while to figure it out. You may need shorter than stock. If you hear clicking after install, stop immediately.

·
Registered
01 E55, 01 ML320, 04 TSX, 06 Silverado
66 Posts
Oh don't worry tirerack supplied me with the correct lug's when I bought the wheels. Thank...

Oh don't worry tirerack supplied me with the correct lug's when I bought the wheels. Thanks for the warning though!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts