Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the CORRECT spacer size for fitting 19' CL wheels 8.5 and 9.5 inch wide on a clk430? I've seen too many contradicting statements. Some say I need 8mm for the front and 12mm in the back. Some say 15mm just in the back and some said 15mm all around. Has anyone actually put 19x8.5/9.5 CL wheels on their CLK and have no problems? I appreciate any help thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did, they asked me all kinds of q's that I didnt have the answer to, so I figured it would be

easier to get the info from somebody who has actually done it already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try calling Gaston at www.autoclass.net. He's the one who tell me which spacer sizes ..............

<br> use because he got alot of info from his customer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PAY CLOSE ATTENTION

I HAVE CL-2 WHEELS 19' ON MY CAR AND IM USING 10MM SPACERS ALL AROUND FROM H&R!!!! WHAT FRANK SAYS IS CORRECT ALSO YOU CAN PUT 8 UP FRONT AND 12 IN THE REAR BUT YOU HAVE TO GET THOSE SPECAIL MADE!! LET ME PUT THIS IN A WAY U CAN UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 10MM AND 12MM IS ABOUT A 1/8 OF AN INCH NOW I ASK U THIS DO U THINK U WILL SEE AN 1/8 OF AN INCH ON THE CAR???? ANSWER IS NO SO IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO ME AND GET SPACERS FROM H&R....THEN U WILL BE OK AND SAVING SOME $$$$ BY THE WAY I NEVER RUB EITHER UP FRONT OR THE REAR AND THE CAR SITS MINT!!!! OHHH BY THE WAY ITS LOWERED ALSO HOPE THAT HELPS!!!!<br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> <br> '

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pete..is totally right about you can't not see the different 1/8 in. I am also are using............

<br> H&R spacer too. H&R don't make 8 mm or 12 mm as standard for sale but they do make 5,10,15mm etc. The 8 and 12mm spacer are 'CUSTOM' made and also will cost you $$$$ for special order.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Pete.. What size tires do u have? Thanks

265/30/19 REARS YOKOHOMA AVS<br> 235/35.19 FRONTS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Pete.. one more question?

> how do u like the tires, do they handle good>hows the ride are the noisy tires? do u think you could of put 275 in rear and 245 in the front. Thanks so much for the info i'm putting the same setup on my car.. <br> <br> nick<br> <br> ps do u have pics

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just installed mine, Spacers are the same size..... but they rub

I just installed my 19X8.5 front and 19x 9.5 rear with the same size spacer.... yep they rub.... the front are sticking out to far... when I turn them all the way to eithor side i get the rubbage..... I think i might try them tomarrow with no spacer up front and see how that does...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts