Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I’ve recently purchased an 83’ Euro spec 280 SE in mint condition ( which by the way am planning to put a supercharged C63 AMG engine and running gear into down the track 😉 ), but for now I’ve got a bit of a dilemma... I want to run 45mm hub centric spacers on the rear, because the 18” AMG wheels that are on there now don’t stick out far enough for my liking, but I’m having trouble finding the correct wheel bolts I will need.

Trying to find M12 x 1.5 ball seat bolts with a 69/70mm shank, but the biggest I could find are a 60mm shank from the German wheel bolt company RAD.

So does anyone know where I can find bolts in that size?

Cheers,

Zoltan.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey Zoli,
What spacers are you using? H&R DRA spacers should come with bolts that bolt the spaced to the hub in the kit.
If H&R does not make a spacer that wide, maybe you can recess the holes on the spacer, to be able to use shorter bolts.
Or, the better solution might be, if 70mm cone seat bolts are available, then machine the seat inside the spacer from ball to cone.
Interesting project you have in mind btw. I, myself am in the process of doing an M120 swap into my SEC.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey Zoli,
What spacers are you using? H&R DRA spacers should come with bolts that bolt the spacer to the hub in the kit.
If H&R does not make a spacer that wide, maybe you can recess the holes on the spacer, to be able to use shorter bolts.
Or, the better solution might be, if 70mm cone seat bolts are available, then machine the seat inside the spacer from ball to cone.
Interesting project you have in mind btw. I, myself am in the process of doing an M120 swap into my SEC.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
45mm spacer?? That is a big spacer, how high is the offset on the AMG wheels to begin with?? Can't be that high that you need to space out by 45mm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts