sure to tell your friends. I hope to see you out there. If you have
any questions feel free to ask! Thanks!

SouthEast MogFest 2011

- Jack Miles
Tampa, Florida
1963 404.115 Doka

·
Registered
'88 U-1300L, '70 406, '78 406, '78 416 project, '82 406, '57 404, '65 404, '70 404, '68 Haflinger.
1,849 Posts
I went up to Windrock, aka, Coal Creek OHV area today. Bought my permit for the year so will be going back as often as I can.

The Windrock Park Campground didn't have any notes "in the book" yet about our May 11-15 dates, so I mentioned it again. This was a different person than I talked to before but their planning system might need further reminders as we get closer to the event. Sure would like to see our SEMF on their on-line calendar.

The trails were nasty. We're just out of a snowy and freezing period, followed by thaw and rain, so the top surface of the roads was really slick and soft, over frozen surface. Only got into the ditch once (but could not stop for pictures) and it came back out again.

I stuck mostly to the main trails and still brought half a ton of mud back home with me. Beautiful day though, with some sun and great view in the winter. I'll put in a few pictures when Colleen gets them off her camera.

Bob

Hey,

All of the details for SEMF have been posted and online
registration is up and running. So start planning, and get to it! Be
sure to tell your friends. I hope to see you out there. If you have
any questions feel free to ask! Thanks!

SouthEast MogFest 2011

- Jack Miles
Tampa, Florida
1963 404.115 Doka

·
Premium Member
UNIMOG
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bob,

They had blocked the first two weekends in May while I put a feeler out there for dates. Called them up and let them know it would be the second weekend. They said it would be on the online calendar "sometime this week". We'll see!

I bet its pretty gnarly out there right now, would love to see some photos.

Take care!

·
Registered
'88 U-1300L, '70 406, '78 406, '78 416 project, '82 406, '57 404, '65 404, '70 404, '68 Haflinger.
1,849 Posts
Here is a link to a photography website with pictures of Windrock in the winter.

Ice - Windrock Photography -- Darren Loposser

The photographer, a friend of mine, will probably come to SEMF to document some of our fun. His pictures would then be available after the event.

Bob

·
Premium Member
UNIMOG
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Everyone,

I apologize as it has been a while since I have posted an update for the event, but everything is alive and well. Things have been pretty hectic around here, I wanted to post an update last week and update the website, but in a string of bad luck both of my computers have failed. I'm trying to recover the data as I type.

Hopefully in the next couple of days I will be able to update the SEMF website.

But anyways, if you haven't registered yet please do so, as always feel free to ask any questions you might have! Thanks everyone for the continued support!

SouthEast MogFest 2011

Jack Miles
Tampa, Florida
63 404 In Progress

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
Are we on? Details? We will be there if anyone else is...but I do not know who is going to be there!

C.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
We are definitely still on! I have talked to quite a number of people/trucks coming.

I am not sure what arrangements Jack has made at the campground but I made my own arrangements:

Windrock Park | Campground | East Tennessee Mountains | OHV Trails | RV Park | Mountain Cabin Rental | Primitive Camping | Windrock | ATV Riding | Off-Road | OHV | Adventure

If you want a camping site and mention Southeast Unimog, you can get a site near the others.

All Cold Creek permits can be purchased at the campground, too.

The off road area (of which the campground is part) has a website too:

Coal Creek OHV | OHV Trails | Campground | ATV Riding | Adventure | ATV/OHV Sport Events | Off-Road Riding | East Tennessee Mountains | Windrock | OHV | Rock Crawling | Rock Climbing | Mud Bog | Poker Run | News & Events | Coal Creek OHV

Their WINDROCK MUD SLING will be held on Saturday, May 14. That event won't have influence on our event except competition for camping spots, but there seem to be plenty. That mudsling looks like fun....to watch....unless you and your mog are more adventurous than me, LOL.

Bob

Are we on? Details? We will be there if anyone else is...but I do not know who is going to be there!

C.

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
OK, we will be there, probly Thursday-Sat? I will make reservations this weekend.

C.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I'm getting excited! I got my trailer unloaded (404 radio box project) to haul a 406 for the trails. Anyone in the vicinity up for a pre-run of some trails in the next 2 weeks?

There's a good Mexican restaurant in Oak Ridge, only 6-8 miles from the campground. I suggest we plan a meal there one evening. Lots of other options, too.

Bob

OK, we will be there, probly Thursday-Sat? I will make reservations this weekend.

C.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
So Bob and I will be there...anyone else?

C.

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
I plan on being there, probably just on Saturday though. I was hoping to bring a mog, but it looks like I may not have one ready to make the trip by then... the DoKa is spoken for and the 1200 being traded in on it may not be here by then, and my 1700 is in pieces in the shop. I'll probably bring the Pinzgauer 718 TD or the Defender pickup though.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
'62 Unimog 404
131 Posts
T minus one week and counting

I will be there with my 404 Wednesday through Sunday. A couple of friends will be with me Thursday and Friday. Anyone have a open seat for a trail ride. I have spread the word as much as I can. Even met a new mog owner recently in the back woods of NC (but his mog is in FL).

·
Registered
390 Posts
We'll Be there, with my 416, G-Wagen or Military Land Rover. Will be another friend there with his military Land Rover 101. And probably another G-Wagen.

We pre-ran several trials a couple weeks ago, and they are good!!
We ran trail 2 and 16. 16 is a good moderate trail for a Mog, and a real challenge if it's wet.

This is a beautiful area, and some of the best weather now.
We need to be sure and plan a run up to the wind mills, and maybe a night time scenic trip to see the Tennessee valley at night.
Feel free to call my cell, 865.310.5179.
Email [email protected]

Garret

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
if this is a more the merrier kind of thing, then suggest ya post this up in the Gwagen forum too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts