Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jc,
Yes we have had some coms, how about putting a pic or two of your mog. I would like to see some ideas on the camper. I am building a slip on unit.
Iain, I sopose we can still call you a South African, IF you support the BOK's You can also post a pic of your Mog.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
It should have been ready a year ago - so I've given up predicting, if I get my way and get a few months off work ( currently looking unlikely) by the end of march, otherwise sometime next year.

As far as the RH drive, most mogs over here are RH drive - have to be, otherwise you can't get it registered :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi Iain
i started mine some time ago.It was always"in 2 months time" now it is really in 2 months time(99% done) i am already wondering what i am going to do on Saturdays.(just got to fit the rear mudguards,lights and place for gas bottle!)
have fun,people stop asking after a while!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Another escapee ex Cape Town - my U1000 is on its way - hope to have it around New Years day and then the fun begins - in fact it has has allready started.
Being a tractor and 30+ years old, I am allowed to drive it here even though it is LHD.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here in Hoedspruit we have the following mogs.
One Camper ex army 416
2x 416 Platbak. Mine is an ex fire engine from Modderfontein
one Ex Army/Parksboard with Hiub crane
one 411 origional condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are also some Army Buffels and Mamba's at the Air Force base in Hoedspruit as well.
At the Air Force Base game reserve there is a origional 416 long chassis game viewer, with the Unimog rounded cab. It is in a very good condition.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
If anyone still in South Africa can help, I'm interested in the ADE engines - I understand that they are copies of the OM352, but are the parts interchangeable? Can you still get new ADE engines and if so, how much are they? I'd bee keen on a new block with the squirters, and maybe a new head as well, so might as well get the rest of it :)

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Hello Ian,

If possible to arrange with somewhat who owns a Mog - I am sure you will be able to get most bits. Two friends of mine used to be diesel mechanics and they reckong the ADE is almost identical - it is the almost bit I worry about, but the main parts are apparrently OK and interchangeable. I am sure a good dealer will know what is and what is not. I know nothing about the following dealer - but this gives you some idea of what is generally available. Interestingly, they sell Mahle pistons & rings for what looks like realy good prices. I am also keeping an eye open for a turbo manifold. Engines for sale | Engine Den | New and Used| Gearboxes | Parts | Generators | South Africa | SA | Gauteng | Pretoria

1 - 20 of 24 Posts