Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300SD
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest replacement foams for HVAC seals? Or better yet, what type of brick and mortar I would go to to look at different types of foams? Or an online supplier that specializes in this. Lowe's and craft stores didn't pan out.

The main one I'm thinking of right now is pictured below. Knee bolster HVAC seal. But there's also foam on the inside of the outboard rearview mirrors, some above the headliner, rear sail panels, etc. I think there were like 4 different varieties.

I have some 1.5" memory foam laying around I'm tempted to use for HVAC and the mirrors. It seems appropriate both for making a seal and dampening vibrations. Still leaves me empty handed on the other bits though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,190 Posts
Most hardware stores have foam weatherstripping in various sizes and materials. If Lowe's didn't have perhaps try another one would be my suggestion.

·
Registered
1983 300SD
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to need sheets of foam to cut out irregular shaped pieces like the one pictured. Lowe's had a good selection of weather stripping, but that's not going to do the trick. I do appreciate the input though

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
1,190 Posts
Pic looked like it was self-adhesive weather stripping stuck around the perimeter.

If you need sheets of foam McMaster-Carr or Grainger are more suitable retailers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts