Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question goes out to anybody who ever tried to install a new tape/cd player into their benz. I have a 82 300D. Just put a nice new cd player in, the problem is that the rear speakers hardly have any sound at all coming out of them. I stated that in a previous post. I checked the speakers and it seems that I do not have them out of phase. It sounds like somebody threw a blanket over a set of speakers. Im thinking that I probally did something wrong in the wiring of the speakers to the cd player. (After all the wiring is like nothing I have ever seen and the place I bought it from wouldnt even touch it) Seems like I have 10 sets of wires connecting to the speakers and it would only make sense to have eight because there are 4 speakers. What the heck are these two additional wires and is there a wiring harness that I have to buy to adapt to my alpine cd player (I hope I can do this without the harness...) Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
300d
6 Posts
cd player

which speakers have extra wires? its poss that bi-wireing may be an option.

do u have the speakers going through the balance dile between the seats?

what are the wattage of the speakers and the amp?

are the polarity of the wires correct
(+ to + and - to -)?

let me know im thinking of installing a cdplayer. i have a clarion 6 stacker in ther at the moment which is giving me the shits.

louis

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I think the 2 extra wires are common grounds to something maybe they join the front...

Well I think the 2 extra wires are common grounds to something maybe they join the front to the rear speakers to fade. They need to be hooked up to some of the grounds coming out of the cd player.

As for the fader between the seats, that thing gave me hell when I tried to wire it in with the cd player so I unhooked it and just connected the wires going into the fader with the wires going out to the speakers. The wires are color coded so its pretty easy hooking them together.

You probally already know this, but to detirmine which + speaker wire goes to which speaker just find a 9 volt battery or something simlar connect the positive termanal of the battery to the positive speaker wire that you want to test and hook the negative side of the battery to ground. You will hear a poping noise coming out of the speaker that corresponds to the wire.

Good Luck, Mercedes wiring is all weird. (Hey at least the cd player fit into the slot perfectly that still remains a mystery to me)

·
Registered
W123 250 automatic
13 Posts
Sound system stuff..

Hi everyone..

It's like this....bypass the central fader and wire new cables directly to the head units. New type stereos don't like having their earths and things connected. Then there will be NO problem and better sound!!

Oliver [8D]

NEW ZEALAND

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.