Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I m trying to improve the sound quality from Audio 20 (standart) to " sound system.." . Anybody experienced with that?? What s your suggestion ? I like the hi end music quality.. I like the details on music..

Thanks for your ideas

Derya ( 2005 SLK 200 Istanbul / TURKEY )

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
67 Posts
Step 1) First step is always replace the factory speakers. I would suggest you have the original speakers removed before buying new ones so you can match the size (dia and depth). As to brands, Alpine / Focal / Infinity / etc or what ever brand takes your ear.

Step 2) Next up from step (1) is to get some amps with speaker level inputs and wire them in to drive your new speakers. Note:- if you pull out the head unit and it does have line outs (RCA's) then you can use any amps. Some head units will have RCA outputs on there circuit boards but no plugs on the back. It now depends on how good you are / or your car audio shop is as to if they can pull the head unit apart and find this out, and possibly wire up the RCA outputs.

Step 3) Total custom install. New head unit, amps and speakers.

How far you want to go is up to you, don't get talked into anything from the car audio shops and shop around for both price and ideas.

Good luck with it,

Phill B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts