Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some discussions in the R170 forum about dynamats and stuff, but I just finished reading this thread about a product which does it really well: http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=254880&st=0

You apply a few layers of this stuff on your car (preferably under all the carpeting so that you don't actually see it [;)] ) and the results are supposed to be quite apparent!

Could be a nice way (even if it does add a bit of weight) to make the car (or any car) quieter, especially at highway speeds [:D] (I'll definitely buy a gallon for my GF's car, it's a bit too loud due to all the thin plastic).

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
I think the SLK 350 is loud due to the (still) semi-open top. There can't be any sound deadening around the top mech. That's where all the noise comes from, not the floor.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SLK is a lot more sound proof then some other roadsters. But it might help to eliminate some noise which might come from the trunk area. At least in the old SLK it used to be relatively easy to hear things through there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts