Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Current CLK 320 Cabriolet Former 1986 E 300D and 1959 190SL
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times lately, I have gotten a warning that my S O S Teleaid is defective. A couple of times, the car tried to call for assistance. I don't have a phone installed in the car so I got the message that the call failed. This message was accompanied by a loud siren and no radio, etc. Usually, the "malfunction" resets itself after I turn off the ignition and restart the car once or twice. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2004 clk55 amg
270 Posts
Several times lately, I have gotten a warning that my S O S Teleaid is defective. A couple of times, the car tried to call for assistance. I don't have a phone installed in the car so I got the message that the call failed. This message was accompanied by a loud siren and no radio, etc. Usually, the "malfunction" resets itself after I turn off the ignition and restart the car once or twice. Any ideas?
What year and model is your car? If your car is older (mid 2000's and earlier)...the teleaid function is analog...nowadays, teleaid function is digital...you will not be able to get rid of the "teleaid defective" warning indicator, unless you convert to the new format...i'm not sure how much it would cost, but i'm sure it's not cheap. My car has the same issue.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TeleAid message

My CLK is also a 2004. Interestingly, I bought it from Dick Dyer's place in Columbia, SC. I thought the switch to digital was some time ago and, if so, why is my teleaid now giving the defective warning? I have never paid a subscription fee for this service and don't plan to so why can I not just have this service and error message just turned off?

·
Registered
2004 clk55 amg
270 Posts
My CLK is also a 2004. Interestingly, I bought it from Dick Dyer's place in Columbia, SC. I thought the switch to digital was some time ago and, if so, why is my teleaid now giving the defective warning? I have never paid a subscription fee for this service and don't plan to so why can I not just have this service and error message just turned off?

The switch to digital just happened recently...maybe 2006-07...not exactly sure when they switched it over...i've had the same conversation with my service advisor...and he said that they could clear the error message, but it would be a pretty penny to do it and would require replacing the old teleaid with the new. Mine's a 2004 clk also...says the same thing every day at start up about teleaid...only takes 1 button to remove it from the screen...a little annoying, but i'll take that annoyance over something else breaking! So unless you're willing to spend a few thousand on the upgrades...just push one of the buttons on the steering wheel and that'll remedy the situation. :) good luck!

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320
111 Posts
Dave, I have the same model as you, only a coupe, and I've had that error message every time I stop my car since I bought it in February of this year.

I checked out what the service would cost to start it up again, and the cost was prohibitive to me. I could see buying the car new and having it, but changing over and paying monthly just didn't make sense to me.

So, I live with my "1 error" after every drive and think nothing of it. That one error message lets me know everything is fine with my car! :p

·
Registered
2016 GLE 400 4Matic
453 Posts
I had my 04 CLK for few years. I live with that 1 malfunction error code. I gave up with it. I ask about 2 different dealership to remove it and they said no. To upgrade it to digital was around $1,200. Not sure if I want to spend that much since Bluetooth is on my top of to do list.

I thought it was sometime in 2005 when they did the switch to digital?

·
Registered
2004 clk55 amg
270 Posts
I had my 04 CLK for few years. I live with that 1 malfunction error code. I gave up with it. I ask about 2 different dealership to remove it and they said no. To upgrade it to digital was around $1,200. Not sure if I want to spend that much since Bluetooth is on my top of to do list.

I thought it was sometime in 2005 when they did the switch to digital?
2005 is correct, i believe...they switched to fiber optic cables that year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read an article the other day about a product called Bluestar that seamlessly plugs in where the old analog comm module us. Not sure about if they have an MB product available.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I think my problem may have been related to a low voltage condition. I replaced the battery and the problem disappeared.

I have a different question; a couple of times when I have braked suddenly and laid on the horn because some idiot pulled in front of me, a ringing sound like a telephone came from the dash and the radio went silent. Any ideas what this might be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts