Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All: I have the SOS button cover that has decided to fail. It will not stay engaged and continually pop open despite my efforts to push it back in/closed. It seems that the mechanism has failed. Any ideas or insight to repair or replace?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Since we knew we would not be able to use the SOS button in the future, we just used a dab of Gorilla Glue on the end of the pin and then pushed the cover up and held for a few about 20 seconds. It has stayed put.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.
looks like a permanent closure is in the near future

·
Registered
629 Posts
Since we knew we would not be able to use the SOS button in the future, we just used a dab of Gorilla Glue on the end of the pin and then pushed the cover up and held for a few about 20 seconds. It has stayed put.
2005 Eclass has the dual transmitter, analog and digital, would still work if you had a subscription. And can still get a subscription with Teleaid or MBrace.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I called Mbrace about my 2005 E Class CDI and they told me there was no way for my car to be equipped/upgraded to be able to use Mbrace.
From what I read 2005 ECLASS does have dual transmitters, my 2006 has dual transmitters, 2004 maybe only has analog. And if you have dual transmitters, MBRACE will work, you have to use STAR and change the dial out number to MBRACE. You could call Teleaid and check with them. tel:1-800-756-9018, they might tell you that the dealer will have to verify your equipment. When I researched this last year, Teleaid still had 2005 vehicle customers in their system. And if TelEaid can support you, so can MBRACE.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just put a call into TeleAid to check on my 2005 E320 CDI. They instructed me to push the SOS button to see if it would connect. Instead of connecting with TeleAid, it made an ongoing alarm sound with a message on the screen saying the call was not connected. TeleAid told me that because it did not connect, my equipment is analog which is no longer supported by any cellular network. They advised me to go to the dealer to see if they would be able to remove all the old analog equipment and replace it with digital technology, but my feeling is that this would be cost prohibitive, if even possible. Has anyone ever done that?

·
Purple Moderator
21,640 Posts
When Mbrace first came out I was given a chance to have to digital modules installed at no cost if I signed a two year contract.

So I had a dealer do it. I was told at that time it would have about $600-700 parts and labor. The service was horrible. I complained so
much that they let me out of the two year contract.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just put a call into TeleAid to check on my 2005 E320 CDI. They instructed me to push the SOS button to see if it would connect. Instead of connecting with TeleAid, it made an ongoing alarm sound with a message on the screen saying the call was not connected. TeleAid told me that because it did not connect, my equipment is analog which is no longer supported by any cellular network. They advised me to go to the dealer to see if they would be able to remove all the old analog equipment and replace it with digital technology, but my feeling is that this would be cost prohibitive, if even possible. Has anyone ever done that?
If you listen you can hear if the call is completed, or if it just rings and never gets answered.
What teleaid instructed you to do is not a test to see if if you have a digital transmitter, because they changed the dial up number in 2009 OR POSSIBLY 2010, vehicles were definately on digital then. So you need STAR to program the correct number either Mbrace or Teleaid, if you get the right tech they can tell if you hit their system when you push the SOS even if its analog. ASK teleaid when your subscription ended, the exact date AND they need yor VIN. Dont rely on the dealer to give you a straight answer on whether or not use have a digital capable transmitter, you want a picture of the part number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
ot1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing