Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been thinking...What if you sold your Mog? What would you buy to replace it? AND it cannot be another Mog.

I am not ready to sell yet (I have had my Mog for 10 years, much longer than any other vehical) , but I also do wonder what my next toy would be. My 1975 Unimog 416 replaced a 1953 M-37.

Just wondering...

Thanks for your thoughts.

Brian

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
In reality, maybe a Volvo c303. Or maybe another Defender 90 or 110. I would love a hemmit or tatra, but there just not very practical. I

If I sold my crawlermog, I would likely build a rock buggy to replace it.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I'd prefer the version after they eliminated the self-igniter option....and I wouldn't drive it like a douche and collect a pick up truck.
in Grey, Black interior.Not matte finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Most likely I sold my UNIMOG due to already having a second one and not being able to justify both.

If it was not for that reason, then I would have my eye on something with more than 10 cylinders....

C.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dude is that in Canberra???

Looks very similar to some of the building near my work...
Also, with VIC number plates I can only assume this is an Australian Fezza.

We had 3x 458's at a show my club attended recently and 14x more 430's... (but, those are old news :D)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice choice Truk!
Well, as most of you already know, mine is up for sale currently.
I have already bought my next project which is a 2wd 56 F100 pickup project. I'm done with the sticky stuff for now.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Nice choice Truk!
Well, as most of you already know, mine is up for sale currently.
I have already bought my next project which is a 2wd 56 F100 pickup project. I'm done with the sticky stuff for now.
I had a '55 once. One of the first trucks I ever bought. Big blister fenders, wasp nests and a gas tank full of rust and water! Remember towing it home behind another truck with a chain and then shoving it in the garage, thought my parents were going to blow a gasket. As I remember the metal in that old truck was quite thick/heavy, of course the bed floor wood had completely rotted away. The good old days when a couple hundred bucks could get you entertainment for 3 months!!!!!!!!!!MUD

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Through a glitch with a picture vehicle, I wound up with a " lesser" Ferrari for an afternoon:
The California Spyder. It shares the V-8 with the 458, although de-tuned a bit.
Anyway, that thing was fast, fun, and the exhaust note with that flat crank MADE me stand
On it, over and over.
After I had returned it, I dug up every road test/review I could find on the thing - and they
Kept referring to the " intoxicating" exhaust howl and the stirring of the soul and all of that sort of stuff. Well, they were right - it was like that car was wired directly to the back of my
Brain. Fun. There was a tunnel near by, and I just had to wait for traffic to clear so I could run it by myself and get the full effect of the noise- ah.....very nice. over and over.
It was only later that I read the test reviews on the 458 that I realized that I was in a kiddy
Car, and the 458 is the real deal. I thought I was having a blast , but it seems there is another
Step up.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ah, tunnel runs! We have a huge car forum over here, and on it is a "semi-secret" group caled the " Tunnel Runners" The idea is a midnight meet at a location in London, then to drive a load of the London tunnels including the Dartford M25 crossing.It's more about the noise than speed, so we used to let plod know to keep them happy. We also used to have variations, such a a Monopoly themed night, where people break into smaller teams and have to be photographed in front of as many of the locations as possible on the board.I used to go in the Caterham,summer nights,no roof or doors and 700+bhp/tonne. I remember one night at the Dartford crossing, when we all pulled up at the toll crossing,(150+ cars).To my left I had Noble M12,to my right a Murcelago Spider, and to his right an EB220...The emergency start was a glorious onslaught of noise!
Anyway, here are a few pics of my project.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts