Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I may've asked this, but really just need to confirm....pls help....about sound systems

Few ppl had reply to me about the sound system upgrade they did, but I just wanna get 100% confirmation......<br>
<br>
I will be installlling Alpine head unit 1000CVE, TV....and then 2 10' subs (Boston) and then sound stream amp and RDF midrange.........<br>
<br>
Can this be done to a '01 C class without losing steering wheels function of computer checks and receiving/ending calls.<br>
<br>
Really need advice guys, cause......that is the only thing that stops me from buying C class right now.<br>
<br>
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Sorry I may've asked this, but really just need to confirm....pls help....about sound systems

From all I have heard and seen so far, something is for sure: You will definetely loose the steering wheel control.<br> <br> As for the integration of the phone with the new equipment, I would guess that you need a new hands free kit that is compatible with your new audio system.<br> <br> Sincerely, I wouldn't do it. But on the other hand, I bought my car with COMAND. Not that I would regard it to be the best navigation system, but it's the only 'fully integrated' system for the car. Unfortunately, you have to know that you will want it at ordering time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Command system, Boston speakers, and 2 Becker fiber optic amps?

I am in the same boat. Obviously we will lose the steering wheel controls for the stereo volume, presets, etc, and I believe the phone. The computer checks should be separate and we should be able to keep these functions. I was thinking about changing out everything and installing my Denon head unit, Soundstream amps and Boston speakers too... but now I am thinking about getting the Command system and keeping the fiber optic 'preamp' setup. <br> <br> I was thinking about purchasing and installing 2 Becker amps (60Wx4 and a 300Wx1 for subs). These plug into the fiber optic ring in the car according to Horst Becker. Horst assured me that the fiber optics are just like preamp outputs, so we don't have to worry about distortion of the small amp in the factory head unit. Then install the Bostons in the factory locations and a 3x 10' subwoofer box. Then we can keep all of the steering wheel functions and purchase the Command system. The unknowns are: how good are Becker amps compared to Soundstream and my Rockford Fosgate sub amp and how good is the factory head unit sound!? How does this sound to you?<br> Check out http://www.beckerautosound.com, they will fax you a sheet showing how to connect the amps into the fiber optics.<br>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts