Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a slk 32 amg and i got the h&r cup kit on my ride. but now the h&r shocks that came with it are bottoming out now cause i hear a thumping down everytime i hit a dip. what shocks do you guys reccommend ? koni adjustables, bilstein, or eibachs ?? i guess cause my cars dropped alot i need something stiff.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Eibach does not make shocks (at least not last time I checked). Bilstein makes some good quality shocks unfortunatly I think everything they make that fits the SLK will be a step down from the stock AMG shocks. You can't go wrong with the Koni's. You can also check and see if GroundControl makes shocks that fit the SLK. They are very nice shocks if you don't go too low.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Get the Koni adjustables...then YOU get to decide what is right for your car. Also, they are rebuildable, so you should be able to will those suckers to your grandkids. Start them off soft, and tighten up as they wear and you are good to have the same ride characteristics for a long time... as you compensate for the wear.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts