Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 SE 1976,S 600 1985,190E 1992,300 SDL 1986....And yea there are more to come.Stay tuned!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all...
Well there has been a transformation on the old 126.....:thumbsup:

benzguy

Then there was this....

benzguy

How about this....

benzguy

And this...

benzguy

Have fun with this one..

benzguy

Cheers
Big Dan :bowdown:
Vancouver Canada (for now)

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
How much did your paint job cost?

Did you have to buy new chrome trim or was that included in the cost?

What prep work did you do yourself?

·
Registered
1982 500SL AMG "Darmstadt Branch"
1,100 Posts
Big Dan,
That is a beautiful job you did there my friend. Thanks for the DIY's.

·
Registered
280 SE 1976,S 600 1985,190E 1992,300 SDL 1986....And yea there are more to come.Stay tuned!
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much did your paint job cost?

Did you have to buy new chrome trim or was that included in the cost?

What prep work did you do yourself?
Thank's so much guy's!

I bought absolutely nothing,and actually nothing was changed on the car,but like you saw on the pics she was stripped and all the rust and dents were repaired.I did no prep work at all.I left it in the hands of the body shop,they had the car for 3 weeks to do what they needed.
For the most part it was an insurance repair,I had the car scratched by some low life and all I had to pay for was the rust and a few dents here and there.Its the original color all blended in .It looks really great.
And now its on the auction block.I'm not bringing it to Oz with me,the cost of converting it to a R/H drive is too costly so she has to go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ya the cost for the paint job.....

The insurance paid almost 3800.00$ and me? Not much at all.....!!;)

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Great links and pictures! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
You/They did a BEAUTIFUL job! I love to see new paint and accessories being fitted to an old Benz.

Keep up the great work and GREAT Thread!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You/They did a BEAUTIFUL job! I love to see new paint and accessories being fitted to an old Benz.

Keep up the great work and GREAT Thread!
Thank you very much!:D
And theres allot more to come!
Cheers
Big Dan

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC EURO AMG/LORINSER; 1988 560SEL, 1995 S500 Sonderschutz
3,680 Posts
How do I get my insurance to cover that??:eek:

·
Registered
2013 MINI Copper S Clubman, '84 300CD-weekend car
10,152 Posts
Very nice Dan!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do I get my insurance to cover that??:eek:
When someone actually scratches your car its called vandalism.We here in this province have the option of accepting or refusing to pay extra for a coverage called comprehensive.Its a few bucks more a year ....and well worth it!:cool:

Cheers
Big Dan :bowdown:
Vancouver Canada ( for now )

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL
186 Posts
Benz Lover,

I have a crazy question. How come they didn't repaint the bottom and also how come you didn't take the drip rails off sense you took some of the window time off. Also how come they didn't paint the door jams and trunk jam? Not picking to hard but if you got though all that work I just wondered why it was missed. Or maybe you didn't take pics of them doing that. It is a great paint job though. Is the color mother of pearl? and may I ask what did it set you back?

Then on the insurance part here in the states a car that old would have been totaled!!!! Even if I had a small dent in the side from a hit and run in a parking lot the insurance company's here in the states would say it was totaled. But with that said great looking car

Just another question. in Canada what does your full coverage insurance cost you? My car is a 89 and 420 SEL and I have nothing on my DL record. Mine cost me roughly 312 every six months and I am 35 years old

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Benz Lover,

I have a crazy question. How come they didn't repaint the bottom and also how come you didn't take the drip rails off sense you took some of the window time off. Also how come they didn't paint the door jams and trunk jam? Not picking to hard but if you got though all that work I just wondered why it was missed. Or maybe you didn't take pics of them doing that. It is a great paint job though. Is the color mother of pearl? and may I ask what did it set you back?

Then on the insurance part here in the states a car that old would have been totaled!!!! Even if I had a small dent in the side from a hit and run in a parking lot the insurance company's here in the states would say it was totaled. But with that said great looking car

Just another question. in Canada what does your full coverage insurance cost you? My car is a 89 and 420 SEL and I have nothing on my DL record. Mine cost me roughly 312 every six months and I am 35 years old
HI Ed!
All of the items you mentioned about the paint were painted,I just did not download them,I was limited in space.The color is Silver Blue metallic,its the original color and the code is Mercedes #950
Well in the case of insurance,I have lived in several Provinces here in Canada,and British Columbia auto insurance is government operated.In other words you can not deal with a broker that represents a bunch of other insurance company's.This makes your options somewhat limited.
Yes i have seen cars written off for minor things ,but they do not write off a car for paint damage alone IE scratches.I did have to pay for the few rust spots and a few dents plus my deductible,so all in all it cost me 800.00$ including the deductible of 300.00$
The total cost of insurance here for me is short of 800.00$ a year,and one more thing.If you put a claim through and its covered with your comprehensive coverage it does not affect your premiums at all.For example my paint work,or windshield replacement etc....But I have to say this is the most expensive cost insurance wise I have ever seen.Back where I'm from near Montreal the most it has ever cost me was about 380.00$ for a brand new car back then.
Cheers
Big Dan

Oh by the way I have a sister who lives in Lorton Virginia,she has been there for over 25 years now and work's as a nurse in Bethesda Maryland.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts