to door sills and how to route thru same? Or is there <br>
another option.<br>
<br>
Many thanks for any help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stephen, I didn't answer your first post because I don't know much about your car, and I was hoping someone who does would respond.<br> <br> 1. I have been told that the Mercedes antenna jacks are not standard.<br> <br> 2. COMAND has an auxilary input. In the C-class, it is in the glovebox because that is where the CD changer goes. If the CD changer for the S-class goes in the trunk, it is probably there. <br> <br> 3. In a C-class there are some unused fuse positions in a fuse box in the trunk. I'm sure there are other acceptable locations also.<br> <br> 4. Several people have mounted the antenna on the package shelf near the third brake light. This makes the wiring easier, and there is no unsightly antenna on the exterior of the car. It is not quite the ideal way and may result in some signal loss, but the people who have mounted the antenna on the package shelf are happy with it.<br> <br> If you can use the aux input, use it as the RF modulator degrades the sound quality somewhat.<br> <br> You might go to http://forum.mbworld.org/ and do a search for XM. There are several threads, including some showing both Sony and Pioneer recievers installed in C-coupes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got the Pioneer XM FMTUNER model added to my 2002 C230. There is a non-standard antenna connector on the MB, but the audio shop I used had adaptors in stock (two are required). Just call around until you find an install shop that stocks these.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick search in Google found a couple places that sell these adaptors. Here's one: http://www.premieraudio.com/ppl.html<br> <br> I'd advise calling them to make sure you get the right 'flat european antenna' adaptor. You need two. One from antenna to radio to plug into the modulator. And one from radio to antenna, to plug into modulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts