Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great forum guys, glad to have the resource since I just brought home an '85 300D Euro import w/ 4-speed. This is my first MBZ. I really like the car, but I've got a bit of work to do. After looking at pictures of other people's cars I've noticed I'm missing one of two supports that run from behind the front bumper diagonally to the crossmember the VIN tag and punch-code tag are on. If that wasn't clear, the bars in question are behind the grill and in front of the radiator. I'd like to replace them but I have no idea what they're called so I can't start looking. :confused: Any help would be very appreciated and thanks again for posting all your experience here.

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
Most European models only had one since they usually did not have AC. They're sometimes called auxiliary fan supports, since they provide mounting points for the auxiliary fan in models that had air conditioning.

Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but

My car has AC, however after another look I don't see any way to attach another bar at the same angle. Check it out

Everything look normal there? The existing one is very slightly bent, does this thing bear any load under cornering?

Sorry for the huge pic.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Your AC is after market. The one support was for non AC equipped cars. 2 for the condensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts