Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i go over speed bumps the front end sounds funny the noise is annoying its like a creach from the suspension
when i turn my s/wheel to the right i hear this noise ill take it to the stealer ship to check it out
is it the torsion bar or there is something wrong with my front suspension

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,007 Posts
For several years, my ML was making the most horrible creaking sounds when going over bumps or in turns. The noise was so loud and annoying, it could be heard by pedestrians on the sidewalk. It was somewhat intermittent, but mostly when the roads were damp. On a dry day or a rainy day, it was usually quiet. After many trips to the dealer and even several calls to MBZ corporate, and most every front suspension part being replaced, I finally found the source of the noise. It was the hood latch! A little white grease and some adjustment took care of it.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
rudeney - 3/17/2005 12:03 PM

For several years, my ML was making the most horrible creaking sounds when going over bumps or in turns. The noise was so loud and annoying, it could be heard by pedestrians on the sidewalk. It was somewhat intermittent, but mostly when the roads were damp. On a dry day or a rainy day, it was usually quiet. After many trips to the dealer and even several calls to MBZ corporate, and most every front suspension part being replaced, I finally found the source of the noise. It was the hood latch! A little white grease and some adjustment took care of it.

- RODNEY
Rodney
can you elaborate on this.
Location/pic would help...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts