Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 300E, 179K, stock, daily driver
1,689 Posts
Let the idiot suffer on the market; don't you remember how Bayahs confronted that salesman and he still didn't change his ad. Plus he says he said how he's not going to change his opinion of the car, how it doesn't have any problems so why would he think differently about the overall condition.

Tack you should email him and get those 100+ pics, I love that interior the gold.

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 Sedan, 1999 S600 w/ 4-pl seating, 1995 S600 Coupe, 2-1992 600SEL's, 2002 ML55, 1998 SL600
2,424 Posts
Not enough time, not enough care to hurl lightning bolts in that guy's direction.

But amazing what some folks try to foist on the public!

·
Registered
94 s420 250kmiles
827 Posts
Wow my interior is almost perfect and I Couldnt sell it for that much lol

sent from my HD2 running Android 4.1

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I emailed the guy and asked him to send me some pics. I got about 50 pics and I'm waiting to see if hes going to send me more, I'm uploading the pics here and it looks like some of them are in bad lighting.

Turns out if I upload them it'll be one by one...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha.

Mine has far less problems mechanically. Interior on mine isn't prefect but seems better than this one in the ad.

I would ask $5500 for mine, because of all the expensive maintenance that was done to have a leak free car for another 120000 miles.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
So I asked him a few questions and he replied, even gave me another 50 photos. Also there was another W140 in the picture so I asked him about it.

Me:
"Before I conclude, Can you tell me more about this car, and how long have you kept this car? Your other W140, and are you an enthusiast?"

Him:
"I bought the car here in Las Vegas this May, only thing thats changed is the passengers ball joint problem and that all the windows dont work but thats just an electrical problem. Since I bought the car, I paid $220 for 5% tint all around, oil change, coolant flush, new OEM turn signals, and a tune-up The other W140 black belongs to a guy that works at a European shop. I plan to go back to college, or else there is no way I would let her go!"

In the photos I couldn't really see that tan/gold interior that I love so much, so it was a waste.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have tan gold interior. I prefer black gray any day of the week.

Anyways maybe dumbass can check the fuses. Ill bet the wiring harness in the mirrors is the culprit (I had that same problem) and popped the fuses but he's too dumb to check them.

Omg post the pics.

I just saw his newest ad. Has new pics. Fucking awfully treated car. It makes mine look like showroom quality and strykers look like a modern art masterpiece for a historical museum.
Panels and trim missing or falling off ahoy.
Nasty nasty nasty car. I should go over there its not far from my house at Russel and rainbow is where it looks like based on the shop it's at.

The worst of my interior is the Mercedes badge on the shifter needs to be glued, and the drivers seat and arm rest need new leather, and the third brake light cover keeps popping off. Other than typical cracks in wood, and basic age my interior is quite clean. This car looks like it went thru Iraq.

·
93 SL500, 95 SL320, 96 S320, 98 S500, 2002 E320 4Matic Wagon & A little 91 5.0 FORD Mustang
8,064 Posts
My words...

Go knock on his door...

Tell him

WAKE-UP...W140's can be found in San Francisco for less than 2k to 3k...with the same condition..

Let him know

Martin said so:D

·
Registered
Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
4,103 Posts
I wonder if it has bullet proof glass.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha tack why does it annoy you so much... also tan/gold interior like this???

Its so seductive...
Oh mines beige brown. Not that palomino brown color. It looks like urine. Obviously I'm not up to all the color options lol.

I personally don't love my tan interior. Its OK just a pain to keep clean.

·
Registered
1989 190e 2.6 1993 500sel (sold) 1995 S500 coupe (sold) 1994 S500 blk/blk
1,007 Posts
Well yes, the price may be a bit high, but look, this is the owner's business; he can say whatever he wants--it's his car.

The ad, while a turnoff all in caps, is not deceptive at all. If someone wants to pay him what he's asking, good for him! It's the buyer's responsibility to be prudent.

I don't understand all the spear-throwing at a seller that nobody knows except by some kind of cyber intuition.

·
Registered
99 S320 (Sold at 280,000 miles) 2010 S550, 2008 C300, 08 SLK
437 Posts
One thing I thought was funny regarding the direction this thread has taken: In the first picture in his ad, look at the bilboard directly above and behind the top of the car!

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes Benz CL500
456 Posts
Hold the phone!

I understand that the car may be a little beat up, but there are quite a few people on here ripping this guy hard, and for what? If you aren't interested in the car, don't buy it, period. Like Dr. charles said, it's his car and his business so he can sell it for whatever he wants, will he get $5500, probably not, but it's worth trying. I would hate to have this guy be a member here, then come across this thread where everyone is talking shit about his car. As for you Mercedes>bmw, I have seen your other posts all over this site, yet you don't even own a car or drive yet, so do something productive instead of wasting the seller's time by e-mailing him looking for information, then using it to talk shit behind his back.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
As for you Mercedes>bmw, I have seen your other posts all over this site, yet you don't even own a car or drive yet, so do something productive instead of wasting the seller's time by e-mailing him looking for information, then using it to talk shit behind his back.
Only reason I emailed him was to get some pics of that Gold/tan interior I like. If he really wants to sell the car he'll have to deal with people wasting his time, I'm sure there's more people wasting his time too.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One thing I thought was funny regarding the direction this thread has taken: In the first picture in his ad, look at the bilboard directly above and behind the top of the car!
Lol nice! And that its taken at a strip club entrance! Hahahaa

·
Registered
Timeship, see you yesterday, but you already knew that.
4,103 Posts
I've bought cheaper boat anchors.

Guess what I know is wrong with it or is going to go wrong with it?

Wheres the 140 guys? lol.

I can think of 30 issues right off the top of my head.

But then again.. I do know of a fleet of four of them that, go beyond blue book value. The owner spends thousands upon thousands every year on their upkeep.

Pictures don't tell the whole story. And the story don't give you the whole picture.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts