Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560 Sec euro , 1984 500 sec euro
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am sorry ı dont speak english very well ı speak a little .
I have got 1988 560 sec . I change my airmass meter 1 month ago . New one 1991 560 SEL and Used but runing good no problem.
I have got 2 problem.
When ı start the engine (engine cold ) My idle speed control unit works good first going 1200 rpm then some seconds left going to 700 rpm. But when ı push to throttle engine stand to 1200 rpm .:(((
How can ı do for this problem .I order new ıdle speed control unit then install problem not fixed .idle control unit runing good . I dont know how can ı check some point

tanks I am so sorry to my bad english :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
Please check your throttle linkages. When you press the throttle they may be getting stuck in that position. Enter your engine bay and move the throttle back and forth and see if there is some resistance and any particular area it may be sticking. If it gets stuck, get some grease and grease where the linkages meet. They will be very easy to move and they shouldn't be getting stuck.

If that does NOT work, then please click -->this<-- for more information on high idle problems.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,697 Posts
Hi
I am sorry ı dont speak english very well ı speak a little .
I have got 1988 560 sec . I change my airmass meter 1 month ago . New one 1991 560 SEL and Used but runing good no problem.
I have got 2 problem.
When ı start the engine (engine cold ) My idle speed control unit works good first going 1200 rpm then some seconds left going to 700 rpm. But when ı push to throttle engine stand to 1200 rpm .:(((
How can ı do for this problem .I order new ıdle speed control unit then install problem not fixed .idle control unit runing good . I dont know how can ı check some point

tanks I am so sorry to my bad english :(
Have you tried a forum search? The archive has a wealth of information.

Please click 'User CP' on the top tool bar, and complete your profile with a location and model of your car.
It makes it easier for members to offer advice. MB produced different, and region / Country specific versions of our cars.

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts