Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK320, Tanzanite Blue, @40K miles, totally stock
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked on the street today, (which I normally don't do), came back to parts and glass everywhere. Small scratch in the fender but the mirror is toast. I know the turn signal, heating element and power controls can't make a 2001driverside mirror cheap (And it's an MB after all). Anyone know what one runs to replace? My $500 deductible is going to get a workout, isn't it?

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
SHIT that sucks man, no info here but I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe someone will knife those mother fuckers.:mad:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Parked on the street today, (which I normally don't do), came back to parts and glass everywhere. Small scratch in the fender but the mirror is toast. I know the turn signal, heating element and power controls can't make a 2001driverside mirror cheap (And it's an MB after all). Anyone know what one runs to replace? My $500 deductible is going to get a workout, isn't it?
I know the windo assembly will set you back about 6 bills... i would go with the insurance, that way all work is garanteed. Or.. maybe you can get one of those after market mirrors, but in my opinion, they are garbage.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
159 Posts
that really does suck. mine got knocked off when a piece of plywood flew up off the ground after an 18 wheeler ran over it and decided to slam into my mirror. Luckily I just lost the glass part, not the housing and the motor.
Here are the part numbers though.
Good luck!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the estimate today for the mirror, total price for everything, parts + labor + tax = $1,375. Wish I didn't have a $500 deductible. I am never parking on that street again.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
159 Posts
Same thing happened to my car. So now I get to replace the mirror also, along with the driver's door. Hit and run when I was parked on a residential street for only 10-15 minutes. $2700 worth of damage, $250 deductible. This is going to be the longest week to wait to get it back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did think about going to an indy, but I had 3-rd party warranty work I needed done too, so I was looking for a place that had a body shop, etc. a one stop-shop as it were and I wanted to start a relationship with a dealer near me. I guess the mirror will end up costing me about 500 any way I look at it. One thing I bet an Indy would do is just replace the fore-aft motor on my seat instead of the whole frame for $1,350 which i also wanted done. Long story short, I wish I never bought the 3rd party warranty (they arent covering my AC that freaked out either), and wish I went to an indy to begin with. My car has been at the dealer since the 22nd, might as well have it be done with. Not a great streak of luck for my car owing experience.

Same thing happened to my car. So now I get to replace the mirror also, along with the driver's door. Hit and run when I was parked on a residential street for only 10-15 minutes. $2700 worth of damage, $250 deductible. This is going to be the longest week to wait to get it back.
Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that, man. I feel your pain. Truly.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
159 Posts
I recently went to the dealership to get some extended warranty work done also. Mine is from another company, not MB. They covered alot more than what I thought they would. They replaced motor mounts, MAF, door strap, and the shifter... but wouldn't cover adjusting the sunroof. I was pretty much happy with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts