Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife driving 00 ML55 home last evening. Says was going about 80mph, then she could not accelerate. Basically she was pushing on the gas but no power, and the car was gradually slowing down. She said everything was still working, all the lights, motor was running, etc..

I asked if the floor mat maybe got jumbled underneath the accelerator, she said no.

Anyways, she luckily is able to coast over to the shoulder, puts the ML in park, calls me about the situation, I tell her try to restart car and try to accelerate, now everything works out ok for her and she comes home a little scared but its ok.

Anyone have anything happen to them like this? Or was my wife just smoking too much sherm? (just kiddin about sherm) You think just some electronic glitch and computer sorted itself out?

Any thoughts are appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
1999 ML320
12 Posts
It happened to me on another vehicle it had a stucked up CAT so not enough gases were coming out of the tail pipe. When I pulled over it will cool down enough and I coud restart it and drive it fine until I started speeding again. Oh and it was working fine up to speeds of 60 miles per hour. The engine was sounding muffled though. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Fuel pump problem?
OR
When she was pressing on the gas was the engine still reving like it was in N? If so i would get the tranny fluid checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts