Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres some rims i personally like and i think would look good on the w126, especially the lorinsers would be some fresh shoes

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40262&item=7955327701&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40263&item=7957378234&rd=1

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
BTW, there is a TSB on the 17 inch two piece wheels...they like to crack around the bolt holes for the outer rim.

Minus the chrome I like them though!
Jonathan

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
eBay photo-tip: don’t have items reflecting in your shinny rims…[:p][:I]

Frankly, I’d have to see them on a car to make an informed comment.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
DEF-C, IF YOU EVER PAID ATTENTION TO EVEN ONE THREAD RESPONSE OF MINE CONCERNING WHEELS, YOU'D KNOW I LIKE THIS LOOK! HARD NOT TO LIKE IT, SINCE THEY ARE SO SIMILIAR TO THE SL-2 AMG WHEELS. ALSO, I HAVE WARNED MANY, MANY, TIMES OF THE INTERNAL DEFECTS OF THE 17" VARIETY! THE CHROME VERSION MAY BE A LITTLE TO MUCH FOR ME, I'M NOT 16 YEARS OLD ANYMORE!

Afew people on thembcoupes website have the Lorinser's. They look OK, just not my cup of tea. If you want to see them on an SEC, just go to the members cars page there, you'll see a few.

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
BTW, there is a TSB on the 17 inch two piece wheels...they like to crack around the bolt holes for the outer rim.
Jonathan- can you elaborate on this? Do you have any details, are any actions being taken or is it a "just watch out for problems as OZ Racing will do nothing about it anyway." I know some people, myself included, were trying to put together a class action-type recall/replacement but OZ just dances around it. I was fortunate and found an NOS rear wheel to replace one of mine but I'd like to know if anything is being done. "Out of warranty" is the most rediculous response they can give. "Hey, its not our fault you got into a fiery wreck because of catastrophic failure on our $6000/set in 1990 wheels, they were out of warranty!"

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I forget where I read about the TSB...it's been a while. I was aware that there was an effort made to get a suit filed but that's the limit of my knowledge etc.. I'll ask around and if I find out any more info I'll be sure to post it!

Jonathan

·
Registered
200 Posts
love the amg rims (and the chrome) but just worried about the fractures as mentioned by the other posts!!

I dont think you know Mrtikket, but not many members actually pay much attention to any of your posts and some of your remarks could be mistaken for a 16 year old!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
DEF-C, I say if you like them, fit them. Afterall it's your car and you will be paying for them, so go for it.

Guys we all have our likes and dislikes, afterall non of us are perfect, but we shouldn't single out people (MRTIKKET in this case), afterall we all forget to take our meds sometimes. Personally I think as long as the topic isn't religions or political he can add quite a bit of spice to the mix[;)]

Good luck on your rim choice.

Easy[8D]

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Storm. - 2/28/2005 2:15 AM

DEF-C, I say if you like them, fit them. Afterall it's your car and you will be paying for them, so go for it.

Guys we all have our likes and dislikes, afterall non of us are perfect, but we shouldn't single out people (MRTIKKET in this case), afterall we all forget to take our meds sometimes. Personally I think as long as the topic isn't religions or political he can add quite a bit of spice to the mix[;)]

Good luck on your rim choice.

Easy[8D]
i´m not about to fit them, as you know i got a set of Brabus Monoblock 2 18" x 9,5" that i´m selling, 1300 Euro for people in Europe if somebody is interested.

What i am putting on is a set of 16" x 8" Lorinsers that i just bought, brand new out the box like the brabus.

Thats already my 3rd set of rims for my SEC as i couldnt decide really well... but oh well i think the lorinsers got the right balance from elegance, sporty feeling and comfort ride...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That is a VERY nice wheel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts