Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Really clean, a gem!!!!

·
Registered
1987 560SL
164 Posts
WOW! That car is SWEET!!! Great find. I am glad another W123 owns this great vehicle. I am sure it will be well taken care of.

·
Registered
1980 280CE; 1982 300CD
1,360 Posts
Wow. I gots to get my 280CE on the road an all polished up like that.

I can see hours under the hood cleaning the engine in my future...

FB

·
Registered
`86 W201 2.3-16. `84 W123 230Ce
169 Posts
wow lovely car congratulations on your purchase. lovely location too. is that where you live? if so where exactly is that.it sure looks lovely and unspoilt

·
Registered
1981 300D
646 Posts
Beautiful Color, one of my favorites. Mind taking some interior shots? I can't tell if thats Black Leather...or something else cause the seats themselves look like velour, or the sheepskin cover. If those are sheepskin covers they match pretty well.

·
Registered
Mercedes 300te
1,971 Posts
Thats a nice coupe..... More pics please...

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Looks very, very nice, but how would the look of the front compare with the US headlights?

Hopefully this car will be trouble-free unlike the last one.

·
Registered
1982 300CD
5,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you everyone. I absolutely love the car!
Yes, I swapped the Euro headlights/corners from my gold car.
I am actually contemplating a switch to lightly smoked corners.

The seller said the seats were leather, but I'm not sure how well he remembers the little details like that. He did say that he ordered "all options that were available for the year 1982 including the electronic radio and special order metallic paint." (For some reason color 877 was a special order in 1982.) The seats do look and feel like leather, though. Yes, they have seat covers. They're not sheep, but they are very high quality.

The rear seats now have a few scratches on them thanks to a police road block in Clinton, South Carolina, but I think I can touch it up with some black polish or some product. The police sure didn't need to crawl around in the back seats like they did. I say either go all out and carefully take the car apart, or just look and see what there is to see. I told them it was a brand new car. I had gotten it the day before. There was absolutely nothing in it. There's probably $100-$200 in damages if I took it to a professional. That really pisses me off, but what can you do? I didn't actually notice it until the next morning.

The wood is all good, except the top of a couple of switches on the 4-switch panel. I'll have to get a new one sometime.

Dash is crack-free. ACC works beautifully- all the jets work properly. I even have the valet key.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
derburger said:
Great color! I've never figured out how to get the hood to go up at a 90 degree angle, how do you do that?

There is this latch on both sides its better if you get someone to help you lift the latches at the same time. Its right on or near the hendge i believe. on both henges or beside cant remember. just lift up and bam. My car is in the shop otherwise id take a picture for you.

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Beautiful! What a car! Jealous and even more jealous when I saw the condition of the leather.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts