Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get that "grey nasty" from around all the corners. the car is white and it looks like the previous owner was careless with either wax or chrome polish(maybe both)

ive used plastic cleaner/scratch remover on the headlight surrounds and theyre not so cloudy, but theyre all cracked, i guess this is a replace item.

How about the aluminum trim as opposed to the chrome trim, the only way i can describe it is "chalky" it has like a white cast to it and my chrome polish helped, but then it dried and didnt look much different. anything to brighten it up? the chrome looks wonderful after the polish!

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
iNeon - 3/5/2005 5:53 PM

How do you get that "grey nasty" from around all the corners. the car is white and it looks like the previous owner was careless with either wax or chrome polish(maybe both)

ive used plastic cleaner/scratch remover on the headlight surrounds and theyre not so cloudy, but theyre all cracked, i guess this is a replace item.

How about the aluminum trim as opposed to the chrome trim, the only way i can describe it is "chalky" it has like a white cast to it and my chrome polish helped, but then it dried and didnt look much different. anything to brighten it up? the chrome looks wonderful after the polish!

Thanks in advance!
"Grey nasty" ... use paint cleaner. I use Meguiar's Deep Crystal paint cleaner (maroon bottle)

Can't help you on aluminum trim, haven't done it myself yet. Maybe a polish is needed, or more than what you've given it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts