Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully someone has some answers.<br> <br> 1. Was there ever a vinyl top or insulated convertible top for the R107 series?<br> <br> 2. Was there ever an aftermarket roll bar available? I was told a long time ago from dealer service rep that you can't roll these cars.<br> <br> 3. Any good repair manuals someone can suggest for the R107? Chilton? Haynes? Factory Service Manual?<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 380SL; which is the same body stlye, just a smaller engine.<br> <br> 1. I have not seen any insulated convertible tops for this car: but I realy have not been looking. (When the weather turns cold, I put the hard top on.)<br> <br> 2. I have never seen a roll bar for sale for this model.<br> <br> 3. The repair manual I use is Haynes. It is easy to read and understand and is very detailed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just went through the manual search. Ended up getting a CD through Mercedes. Has all the manuals you need on one CD. THink it was about $125, but it's more economical than buying the individual manuals separately. Only thing I can't find is the parts manual.<br>
<br>
PS - The guy that I bought the car from told me to clean the soft top window with just a little bit of WD-40 and rub it in until it's gone. The window will stay clear.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm considering purchasing a 560sl, as the clk 430 pricing is outta control.<br> would love emails re: this vehicle -- are the still holding up? any drawbacks which would keep me from proceeding?<br> thanks much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts