Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1995 sl 500 red/black w/renntech wheels
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a few ppl have been scammed recently because of people selling parts on here. I think that to sell parts or cars you have to have a minimum of 100 posts . I think that is a good idea it will minimize the new people with 2 posts to sell things and they are not trust worthy. Most other websites that are also really big and filled with trust worthy people have this option also such as . 6speedonline. nsxprime and many other forums someone should really consider this.:rolleyes:

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
tjobeid said:
well a few ppl have been scammed recently because of people selling parts on here. I think that to sell parts or cars you have to have a minimum of 100 posts . I think that is a good idea it will minimize the new people with 2 posts to sell things and they are not trust worthy. Most other websites that are also really big and filled with trust worthy people have this option also such as . 6speedonline. nsxprime and many other forums someone should really consider this.:rolleyes:
I actually got my 6000K bulb in nsxprime..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
3,183 Posts
Thats why I have only purchased 3 items off the internet in my life. I use the net to learn new things but buying items is scary. I purchased two 2 way pagers off of ebay years ago, it took alot of calling, complaining and being firey mad to get them to send it after a month. I had overnight shipping on the original purchase, ever since then I called it quites. I did buy a memorie card from Target, that went well.

·
Administrator
Mercedes c350
3,370 Posts
We all would like BW members to be a trusted source and I try to enforce a standard where the sale of any items is only to be carried out by "active" members only. Companies intending on selling items must be official BW vendors.
Setting a standard of 100 posts for personal sale items is a good idea, Ill discuss it with the other hosts and we will implement something of the sort in the very near future.
As with any online purchase wether it be benzworld or Ebay each person must use their own discration, but again, we'll try enforce something on our end in an attempt to ensure the reputation of the trusted members is not tarnished by the odd scammer that comes along to ruin everything.

·
Registered
1990 W126 300SE - High Mileage Award
995 Posts
I have a few questions about the restriction on "commercial" sales in the For Sale/Wanted forum. I run a vintage car services company, and routinely sell original used or NOS parts, typically those left over from parts cars purchased for a restoration, on my own website and on eBay. I would like to offer items here, as I am a big fan of Benzworld, and as you can see I have far more than 100 posts. I have written to the W126 forum mostly, and have written technical articles as well as short posts simply to help others. I would hope that I would not be treated as as a scammer; however, I would rather have the ability to allow potential customers to visit my website to read about the parts and cars I have for sale, simply to avoid the need to post lower resolution images here and write even more than the usual lengthy descriptions I put on my site. I don't think it is fair to prevent linking to outside websites in posts on the FS/W forum, as it is perfectly fair game to provide a link to your own website in your signature, as many reputable professionals in the BW community do.

This leaves me with two questions; first, is it possible for a small business such as mine to become a Benzworld official vendor, and is a cost associated with this? Second, as I run this company myself and personally stand behind all of my merchandise and vehicles, how do I fit into this regulation? I am an individual offering items for sale; I just happen to do so for a living. Please explain how I can offer my items here, if possible. I tend to have things which are NLA from the dealership and classic center, and also those which are rarely if ever on eBay, so I feel that many members could benefit from these items. Where can you go to get a complete Heckflosse factory Webasto sunroof assembly, for example? I don't think I would be doing a disservice to the community or discrediting the integrity of the FS/W forum by offering these parts and the vehicles I restore to our members. Quite to the contrary, I have always found that those members who do offer parts and services here to be invaluable to the Benzworld community, and would be happy to do my part to continue that trend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
:)your webside is ?
I have a few questions about the restriction on "commercial" sales in the For Sale/Wanted forum. I run a vintage car services company, and routinely sell original used or NOS parts, typically those left over from parts cars purchased for a restoration, on my own website and on eBay. I would like to offer items here, as I am a big fan of Benzworld, and as you can see I have far more than 100 posts. I have written to the W126 forum mostly, and have written technical articles as well as short posts simply to help others. I would hope that I would not be treated as as a scammer; however, I would rather have the ability to allow potential customers to visit my website to read about the parts and cars I have for sale, simply to avoid the need to post lower resolution images here and write even more than the usual lengthy descriptions I put on my site. I don't think it is fair to prevent linking to outside websites in posts on the FS/W forum, as it is perfectly fair game to provide a link to your own website in your signature, as many reputable professionals in the BW community do.

This leaves me with two questions; first, is it possible for a small business such as mine to become a Benzworld official vendor, and is a cost associated with this? Second, as I run this company myself and personally stand behind all of my merchandise and vehicles, how do I fit into this regulation? I am an individual offering items for sale; I just happen to do so for a living. Please explain how I can offer my items here, if possible. I tend to have things which are NLA from the dealership and classic center, and also those which are rarely if ever on eBay, so I feel that many members could benefit from these items. Where can you go to get a complete Heckflosse factory Webasto sunroof assembly, for example? I don't think I would be doing a disservice to the community or discrediting the integrity of the FS/W forum by offering these parts and the vehicles I restore to our members. Quite to the contrary, I have always found that those members who do offer parts and services here to be invaluable to the Benzworld community, and would be happy to do my part to continue that trend.

·
Registered
BRABUS G36 & G320 LWB
694 Posts

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,169 Posts
Re the suggested 100 post minimum, I scanned the post count on page 1 of the for sale forum, less than 50% of the current posters would be eligible.
IMO, the 'for sale' should have a sticky / rule, that requires a location in a sellers profile.

·
Registered
87 Posts
To be honest....
I've lurked this forum for some time. I only joined because I have some Koni struts and a set of G55 alloys with snow tires I need to sell. I think many other people here are in the same boat.
Additionally, in my experience, even posters with many posts can be scammers. I've had someone try and scam me and he had 6,000 posts. He got rewarded for his efforts with a permanent ban.
Sadly there's not much you can do, but start a feedback forum.

·
Registered
1995 sl600
18 Posts
i'm with you, grandma.. don't know how many posts i have made but been here a thousand times and getting ready to sell some wheels. it's a fact of life.. buyer beware and do your homework.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,

I have to agree, requiring 100 posts on this site would be an issue for me as well. I am not an active member of this forum, but am a very active member of the 190Rev forum. I just happen to be cleaning out my garage and have a whole bunch of spare 280SEL parts from a show car that we sold a number of years back that I would love to sell to a current 280SEL owner. Obviously the 190Rev site is not the best place to unload them so I turn to here. I don't think I should be penalized just because I am not active on here. That's my two cents.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
To be honest....
I've lurked this forum for some time. I only joined because I have some Koni struts and a set of G55 alloys with snow tires I need to sell. I think many other people here are in the same boat.
Additionally, in my experience, even posters with many posts can be scammers. I've had someone try and scam me and he had 6,000 posts. He got rewarded for his efforts with a permanent ban.
Sadly there's not much you can do, but start a feedback forum.
I disagree, I believe if we make it so you need at least 100 posts to use that forum we will eliminate most of the small time scammers who just want to make a quick buck moving from forum to forum. Selling an item on benzworld should be considered a priviledge, I agree with the OP in having a 100 post rule for selling items.

I know it's not fair for those who are new and would just like to sell an item honestly however this seems to be the best course of action to take.

·
Registered
1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
7,563 Posts
I have bought things off of members in the 107 forum, but have only purchased one item off the f/s forum. It's caveat emptor, one has to make sure of who one's dealing with. With the long standing members you are less likely to get scammed.
I agree with the 100 post rule, but it would be hard to control in the other forums. The mod's would have to keep a sharper eye on their respective venues as these would be the next areas targeted by scammers...

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
I disagree, I believe if we make it so you need at least 100 posts to use that forum we will eliminate most of the small time scammers who just want to make a quick buck moving from forum to forum. Selling an item on benzworld should be considered a priviledge, I agree with the OP in having a 100 post rule for selling items.

I know it's not fair for those who are new and would just like to sell an item honestly however this seems to be the best course of action to take.
I agree it would weed out scammers looking for a fast buck. And if a person really wants to sell something there is ebay.

·
Registered
1993 400 SEL
1,056 Posts
To be honest, I have not considered buying anything from any of the postings in the forum...

Instead of rules, maybe we need BenzWorld to consider creating a mini-eBay area for those that want to sell stuff and restrict the forum to non-commercial chat. That way we have a clear understanding of what goes on in the forums.

I could see why scammers like to post within the forum...it's all about trust. We trust each other in the forum to be frank and upfront on giving us help with various issues on our cars...and we feel safe in there and we have our guards down when we read postings by scammers in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts