Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.3-16
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys.

After over 3 years and 40K miles of use, I was forced to sell my '88 560SL last week. My wife and I moved from a house in the suburbs into an apartment in lower Manhattan. With parking spots in the neighborhood of $400 per month, I was forced to thin the herd. I've held onto only my 190E 2.3-16 vintage racer (it's in storage in NJ) and the only "practical" car I own: a Peugeot 405 Mi16 sedan.

Around February 2011, I had bought a full set of Bilstein HD front and Bilstein Comfort rear dampers as I had planned to refresh the suspension last summer. I never got around to it and all this stuff ended up in storage. Here's what I've got:

I didn't know that Bilsteins came with bump-stops, so I bought a set of those as well:

I paid over $300 for all this stuff and it's just taking up space in storage. If anyone wants it, I'll let it go for just $100 plus actual shipping.

Please let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.3-16
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear about the sale.
As much as I loved the SL, it's not the most practical choice if you can only have one car in the family for year-round use. Sadly, it didn't make the cut.

Your on point DIY posts have been some of the best around.
Thanks so much. I'll still stick around. I've kept the race car, so I'm not going anywhere :)

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,355 Posts
I would have stored 560 for nothing and driven it regularly just to help you out.:D

·
Registered
1979 450 SLC 5.0
486 Posts
Put me 5th in line if everybody else flakes out! Haha!

Just curious why you bought HD for the front, and not the back?

I am a huge fan of the HD, and the Sports. I have put a set on every BMW (more than a half dozen cars) that I ever owned.

Well one exception. My 1994 BMW 318i has a 1998 M3 suspension from a wrecked donor car. It came factory with Sachs Sports, and they are Damn fine shocks too!

JetPaul
Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts