Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 E300 4matic Avantgarde
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally made the pragmatic decision to sell the 1991 300E 4matic I bought at 85000km in early 2006. Transfer case problem was worsening, superficial rust and strangely it started dying at idle and running rough (it always ran great) near the end. Made no economic sense to fix it.

Got a 2004 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport from a relative, cheap and low mileage car, but miss the luxury ride (although not the gas mileage). Twitchy little thing; good cargo space, pathetic stereo.

A retired dentist wants to sell me a mint 2001 E300; I know he babied it, very tempting. Any thoughts?

Been a slice, you aren't likely to see me on this particular forum much anymore, but thanks for the tips over the past few years.

·
Registered
89 300E; 00 E320
2,519 Posts
Good looking benz, isn't it? Better half has the 2000 E320 which was the face lift year. Looks like an AMG bumber cover and lots of other extras. Visit the BW210 forum which is excellent.

Compared to the 124 it is drive by wire and lots of extra electronics and features. Hell even the mirror adjusts downward automatically when backing out of the garage and you can get voltage reading on the climate control. There is a lot more plastic and paint/rust is an issue in the rust belt. Some have issue with CD changers but new headunit or simple IPOD retrofitted wire solves that.

Cats are replaced $$$ and transmission needs maintenance more than recommended in owners manual and sometimes $$$$. Change break light switch, valve cover gaskets and new plugs (PITA), coil wires and some pulleys on the front and you should be ready for another extended mileage ride.

It is comfortable real leather and fast (3.2L) and I would give someone 6 or 7 grand for it.

·
Registered
2002 E320
107 Posts
Funny you should post this. I have my beloved '94 E320 for sale for the same reason: great car, needs more money than it is worth. I just picked up a 2002 E320 and am in love all over again. It has 122000km so I'm hoping a lot of the chronic maintenance has been done. I need to replace the driver's mirror and there is a tiny bit of rust on the fender but other than that it's virtually a brand new car in all respects. For $9500? Are you kidding me? Why would I not take the plunge?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts