Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raised the soft top for the first time since the pre-purchase inspection, and noticed that the material that has the rubber seal attached and sits on the folding metal rail above the driver's side window has slack. Enough slack to fit my hand up to my knuckles. (might be interesting at highway speeds) The passenger side is very snug. The top is original, and other than this looks to be in excellent condition. Is this normal for a 15 year old top?? Can it be adjusted??

Thanks,
John
'87 560sl

·
Registered
380SL,560SEL,S600
87 Posts
I've had the same problem. It can be adjusted. I do not have the expertise in this area. M...

I've had the same problem. It can be adjusted. I do not have the expertise in this area. May I recommend taking it in to a car upholstery shoppe? Do you live near Austin?

·
Registered
1987 560SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

Actually I'm only about 3hrs away - - do you know of a place there...

Thanks for the reply

Actually I'm only about 3hrs away - - do you know of a place there that does good work??

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
380SL,560SEL,S600
87 Posts
I bought my 380SL from Continental Cars now known as M-B of Austin. The soft top was a pie...

I bought my 380SL from Continental Cars now known as M-B of Austin. The soft top was a piece, so they gave me a new one. They did good work from what I saw. I must get their card out of my glove box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts