Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CLK500. A piece of plastic has broken on what I can only describe as the passenger side hinge that lifts the lid that the soft top is stowed under. It appears easy to replace but I can't identify the part anywhere. I generally use EPC to find parts but the picture on the diagram for A 209 750 05 21 (Hinge) doesn't resemble the actual part. Any ideas what this might be called? Picture attached. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 clk55 amg
270 Posts
I have a 2005 CLK500. A piece of plastic has broken on what I can only describe as the passenger side hinge that lifts the lid that the soft top is stowed under. It appears easy to replace but I can't identify the part anywhere. I generally use EPC to find parts but the picture on the diagram for A 209 750 05 21 (Hinge) doesn't resemble the actual part. Any ideas what this might be called? Picture attached. Cheers
THAT SUCKS!!! WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE REPAIR BILL...IT'S RIDICULOUS...THIS HAPPENED TO ME ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO...THE PASSENGER SIDE HINGE BROKE...LUCKILY I HAVE A DEALER WARRANTY ON THE CAR...TOTAL PARTS AND LABOR WAS AROUND $800.00 FOR THE HINGE...BUT BE WARNED, THE WINDOW REGULATORS WILL EVENTUALLY GO ALSO...EACH WINDOW REGULATOR WILL BE AROUND $700 FOR PARTS AND LABOR. I'LL HAVE TO GRAB THE REPAIR BILL AND GO OVER THE PARTS TO WHICH YOU WILL NEED FOR REPAIR AND I'LL TRY AND POST IT UP TOMORROW OR LATER TODAY. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR REPAIRS! THE CAR IS STILL WORTH IT!

·
Registered
2004 clk55 amg
270 Posts
And by the way...the little black plastic piece that snapped in half...you can't replace just that piece...you have to replace the entire housing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I assumed the plastic part alone couldn't be replaced. I hate it when they do that!!! If you are able to dig out the part number that would be fabulous. As you say, the car is worth it, but the design sometimes blows!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts