Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004, CLK 320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi after a hard day or two of heavy rain as your soft-top sits out there in the weather. You finished work and waiting for the enjoyment driving your little hearts out back home. as you open the door and water spills out and yeap not another word needs to be said, BUGGER. Toyota or not you can say it. LOL

I found a interesting product that will help and has corrected the problem for me, over here in New Zealand, and I am sure it will help in any country.

DRI LUBE
Solid Lubrication

Just open your top and run the stick on the top of your two seals, you can see the red area's I have marked, and the Green circles showing the areas get worn and flattened after time, so run the stick all the way from one side of the car to the other and close the roof down, and she is sealed till the next time you open it. thats all you have to do. it will help you for a few years till you may have to have it replaced.

Hope that was help full and do hope you can find the product over your way.

Ciao from NZ

Attachments

·
Registered
2004, CLK 320
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is one other addon,
Get a long piece of netework cable, cut it as long as your rubber as photo above, or with your roof open above your head across the roof lock area, place this cable under the rubbers you can see it lifts up between the rubbers and from one side to other push the cable in between and leave it there for a few weeks, a month is better, it resets the rubber seals, with the roof on or off, or set bown or up, I left my cable for a lots of months and havent had a leak again. hope its understanding as I try to explain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts