Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 SL320
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago had all my cylinders rebuilt by forgotten person. The only thing I have on the leaking main lift cylinder are the initials engraved 02/08 DF, would anyone know who repairs cylinders and engraves completion date and initials DF. Thank you, Dorian

·
Registered
1996 SL320
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Several years ago had all my cylinders rebuilt by forgotten person. The only thing I have on the leaking main lift cylinder are the initials engraved 02/08 DF, would anyone know who repairs cylinders and engraves completion date and initials DF. Thank you, Dorian

·
Registered
1996 SL320
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was doing more reading and perhaps the initials DF are Dennis Flanz or Frans, does anyone know the telephone number.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know many people on this forum have a problem with rebuilding the cylinders yourself but I have done it with every cylinder on my car and have no issues. You can get entire seal kits on ebay for less than $20. Removing the cylinders is the hardest part, rebuilding them is super easy

·
Registered
1992 500SL 129.066
97 Posts
Hello BillHltzman,

What do you need to rebouild the cylinders? Do you know how to do it? Could you explain what you need? what tools do you nedd it?

Best REgards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most cylinders in your car have a circlip you can get out with a pic and a screwdriver. Then all you need is heat from torch to get the top the screw on the top of the ram off. I believe on a 92’ the caps on the main lift cylinder unscrew and you need to use heat and a pipe wrench on the actual cylinder. When you buy the seal kit it comes with a booklet that explains better than I can.

·
Registered
73 450 SLC, 99 SL500
106 Posts
Be careful if you try to rebuild them yourself. I sent mine to Top Hydraulics. Klaus sent me a photo showing how someone in the past had botched the rebuild job on mine and scratched up the piston shafts. He was able to smooth them out and re-use.😅

1 - 11 of 11 Posts