Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'99 E430 '98 C230
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need advice on where to get a new knob for my '99 Eclass radio other than the Stealer ship. Also is there a way to get better fm reception, my local station with a lot of broadcast power broadcasting just 25 miles ( Charlotte,N.C.) away has a lot of static and other station "bleed through" between 12-3pm when I try to listen to Rush Monday-Friday. after that time and on the weekends the reception is strong . Are they jamming the signal or can I do something to get better reception all the time. ..Please don't say tuning into Rush is the problem...Thanks for any info regarding the knob replacement/reception .

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Cheapest way to fix the knob is to remove it, scrape off the rubber then paint it glossy black.
The static broadcast might be affecting other radios in the area, too. Call Rush to let him know about the problem between 12-3pm. With his powerful connection, he'll find a way to fix the interference or give out better radios for free.

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes-Benz E320
80 Posts
Try contacting Becker Auto Sound, the manufacturer of your radio, about ordering the knob. The part number should be 1284.177.

As for your reception issues, they are likely a result of environmental conditions beyond your control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts