Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2007 s550
35 Posts
soft closing doors reply

Yes i did have the same problem, and it means either one of two things. You either have a leak, or a bad pump.
Most likely you will need to replace the vacuum pump located in the trunk on the left side, behind the trunk carpet right next to the radio amp. The pump can be expensive,$250-$400 dollars. I suggest checking ebay, that's where I got mine.

drk.grn. 400se

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
Closing Punp

Yes they go bad, and many 140 owners complain about it. If it happens to all the doors, there was a bulletin about a bad hose in the assembly, I dont think that is your issue. The pump from the dealer is (900$) I paid for one, they warranteed the other on my 92. It is located above the rear drivers side next to the gas tank, The fender liner, and gas tank iner should be removed. This is not a big job, pull the centers out of the rivets and pull out the body. If you have a CD it is a little more work since you have to remove it.
I have heard of rebuilt units, contact ([email protected]) he rebuilds them and offers a warranty, he is a director of the Mercedes Club, and an expert on MBs. He owns a company called PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS. (865.462.9175)
I am leery about E-bay,it might fail after you install it, I am on my second, both brand new from MB.
George stands behind his stuff! I have heard good comments. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.