Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1972 280CE
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a blower motor cover after reading the blower motor cover thread. It was not much less then the dealership (considering shipping and handling charges) but I wanted to get some experience with this service.

They emailed me and asked my vin# for verification shortly after I ordered; So I sent it to them (it's a Euro 500SL). I got a response saying thanks for shopping at parts.com, vin not found in our DB. I though no big deal. It's a Euro, they probably only have vins for US cars that are newer then 1981 and went back to work.

Seeing as i had not gotten any tracking info, I logged in to check the status of my order and it's on hold still waiting for a vin#.

So you pay peanuts and get a monkey. Considering that I provided the part number, you'd think that it would be a safe assumption that I know what i'm buying.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
I've not used parts.com, but I have a newer chassis. Most often I use autohausaz.com.

I have used duvalmotorcars.com (MB dealer in Gainesville) with very good results. They sell at a discount and are quick, plus you can call them. :)

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1972 280CE
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Park Place here in Dallas offers pretty decent discount. Once you add up the shipping it works out to about the same as parts.com. I just thought I would try them because shipping is sometimes more convenient then driving up to the dealer.

That said, if they can't support a euro model, they're not going to be able to support most of my cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts