Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
2000 miles on the car and lovin it. No problems so far(unless you count the people stopping me to talk about the car). I saw that there is a group up north that gets together for drives and was wondering if there is such a group of enthusiasts here in Socal?. If MB ever built a Socal car this is it.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
No, but I would be interested and I think I saw a post from someone from Burbank and LA (although I think she is waiting for a 55).

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Absolutely. Of course, my car is not due until . . .until . . well, noone seems to know at the moment.[:(] Hopefully next month.
Glad your experiences have been all positive so far!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Keep in mind...we in Northern CA would welcome you all in our drives any time in the interim, or even thereafter...hope you get a group together...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
lion 126:

One more suggestion in getting a group together...post it also on the r170 board. Our last two drives had 12 vehicles and 10 were 170's. that might help you get to critical mass for a successful meet and over time the r171's will increase...[;)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Motzkoman - 2/26/2005 10:28 PM

Keep in mind...we in Northern CA would welcome you all in our drives any time in the interim, or even thereafter...hope you get a group together...[:D][:D][:D]
Then maybe the SoCal and NoCal groups could meet halfway (or thereabouts) for a weekend meet? Hearst Castle, Santa Maria (after the Michael Jackson trial...currently the papparazi have all the rooms) or even the "Sideways" wine country tour[8D]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 2/27/2005 11:03 AM

Motzkoman - 2/26/2005 10:28 PM

Then maybe the SoCal and NoCal groups could meet halfway (or thereabouts) for a weekend meet? Hearst Castle, Santa Maria (after the Michael Jackson trial...currently the papparazi have all the rooms) or even the "Sideways" wine country tour[8D]
malibuite:
I am just back from spending today test driving the routes for the 3/19 drive for No. CA...and I think you have some good ideas for a meet in between...I will bring it up to our group when we meet and drive on 3/19! I know we have April with an overnighter in the gold country and the may and June may have some plans, but I will see when the first possible date is for a joint meet in between...stay tuned...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
110 miles on my new SLK350, just bought it on Tuesday. Would love to meet fellow W171 owners in SoCal or NorCal for the weekend drives. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
slktyperice - 3/10/2005 3:48 AM

110 miles on my new SLK350, just bought it on Tuesday. Would love to meet fellow W171 owners in SoCal or NorCal for the weekend drives. Keep me posted!
You are going to love it; got a little over 7 thousand miles myself. The next NoCal monthly drive is the 19th, meeting in the Presidio of San Francisco; details will be updated on this board on after my "dry run" Saturday...[;)] [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
900 miles in a week on my new SLK350. I'm in Pasadena and definitely want to get a Socal drive together to meet fellow owners, be sure to count me in!

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
slktyperice - 3/17/2005 4:58 PM

900 miles in a week on my new SLK350. I'm in Pasadena and definitely want to get a Socal drive together to meet fellow owners, be sure to count me in!
190 miles after a month. Sorry, but I wouldn't take it out when it was raining[:D] Still waiting for the Socal Drive. I see the AMG group just had a big Socal gathering but they tend not to want other than AMG cars[:(]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Past 7,500 miles today and looking forward to the No. CA drive Saturday...help us pray for the best weather...watch the board for a link to another quicktime movie Sunday...[:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello, How about us SoCal owners just starting out with a simple meet and greet. I was thinking of a simple drive down PCH. Maybe starting in malibuites teritory and driving down to Dana Point harbor. Have some lunch and then we could each drop off on the way back as we near home. Just a thought but would love to get something started. Let me know what you all think.[8D][8D]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
lion126 - 3/18/2005 7:41 AM

Hello, How about us SoCal owners just starting out with a simple meet and greet. I was thinking of a simple drive down PCH. Maybe starting in malibuites teritory and driving down to Dana Point harbor. Have some lunch and then we could each drop off on the way back as we near home. Just a thought but would love to get something started. Let me know what you all think.[8D][8D]
Yeh, but once you get around LAX the drive gets kind of squirrely. Were you planning to get on Sepulveda? And with weekend traffic, could take hours on PCH especially if nice weather. Should we try something shorter like Malibu to Santa Monica Pier or perhaps start in Huntington Beach to Dana Point?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm up for anything. You make a good point about the LAX thing. I don't know if I'm the only one in OC , but I would be willing to come up to your area. The HB to Dana Point drive would definately be easier and I think a little more scenic. It would take us through Newport, Laguna Beach etc. We could meet at Pier Plaza in HB(plenty of parking).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts